Talk

Advanced search

Poggenphol kitchens

(7 Posts)
Charlietc Fri 09-Jan-15 20:20:44

Has anyone experience of Poggenphol kitchens particularly the Guildford branch? We are thinking about spending a hefty sum having been disappointed by the poor service and quality of cheaper providers. Is it worth it for a big house and how do they really compare price, quality and service wise to the likes of Smallbone and Alno and Roundhouse (Guildford based)?

Plarail123 Sat 10-Jan-15 00:33:07

I have a Pronorm kitchen from Nicholas Anthony, apparently made in same factory as the Poggenphol. As I have a v large space it was easy to create a great kitchen using stock items and not necessary to custom make. It is beautiful and their service was great. They also have Siematic which I had not heard of before and is gorgeous but out of my price range. Worth checking out.

Charlietc Sat 10-Jan-15 09:01:12

Interesting thank you. I will have a look at them too particulately if they won't be as pricey but similar quality and service smile

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 10-Jan-15 21:00:22

You could always take one plan to each of the places on your short list and ask them all to prove that sane plan - so you an compare like for like ?!

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 10-Jan-15 21:02:10

Sorry typing in small screen - price that one plan so you can compare their prices properly !!

Londonjellybean Tue 16-May-17 22:35:38

I went with SieMatic and regret it every day. It's very expensive, and despite their claims, their quality isn't great. They initially put in the wrong colour, I had to fight the better part of 3 months to get them to come take a look (it took one look to see it wasn't what I ordered) and then when they replaced it they didn't spray all the new panels the same colour so I have a weird mishmash of multiple colours of blue. Now fighting to just get one single colour as it's really irritating to have 3 different shades of blue on one kitchen. Don't believe the hype--they do great advertisements but having fought them for a year I wish I would have had the warning to stay away. Not worth the hassle, headache and expense.

MrsAlwaysRight Wed 17-May-17 10:08:34

We've got Pronorm too. It's 8 years old and still looks fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now