Talk

Advanced search

Quick please, circular saw question

(7 Posts)
BeHoHoHove Thu 04-Dec-14 09:59:16

Anyone know about circular saws - would this be good for a keen but inexperienced diy-er (for cutting skirting board )

here

sacbina Thu 04-Dec-14 11:38:55

has this inexperienced person ever shown the slightest interest in diy? if not it may be a bit daunting, if they already have a few bits of kit they might like it.

personally I love receiving power tools as presents grin

BeHoHoHove Thu 04-Dec-14 12:39:19

grin
Yes, it's a recent thing but I'm hoping that by having the right tools for jobs in the house, that his notion won't wear off
It will save us a fortune in having to get a man in every time as well. I'm worse than useless at DIY.

Recently mitred skirting looks ok but apparently "really need a circular saw to do it properly" hint hint

RCheshire Thu 04-Dec-14 13:34:58

I by no means want to put you off buying fun power toys (having a good selection of my own), but try to avoid falsely convincing yourself of the economic argument of workbench, mitre saw, circular saw etc compared to paying a couple of hundred quid for someone to do work!

Marmitelover55 Thu 04-Dec-14 14:04:52

I think our builder used a chop saw for the mitred edges of the skirting board - nog sure what the difference is though? apart from it hurt when I tripped over it and got teeth marks round my calf

sacbina Thu 04-Dec-14 14:30:49

well if its been subtly requested then i'd go for it. depends what your budget is?

BeHoHoHove Thu 04-Dec-14 14:34:35

Well I dont mind £50 for a good tool <fnarr> I think it will get used, his mum will have a list.

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now