Talk

Advanced search

The kitchen appliances minefield

(7 Posts)
MaryShelley Mon 03-Nov-14 07:57:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

captainmummy Mon 03-Nov-14 08:04:44

Can you go and see them in the flesh? I do loads of research, narrow the brands/models, and then dislike them intensely in the showroom....
Not helpful? grin

If it helps I have Neff, have installed them in my last 2 kitchens. My porevious house has 2 single Neffs side-by-side - one combination microwave/oven/grill, the other a bigger single oven, neither pyro (don't like the fumes - I get someone in to clean it) Both times I have been v impressed with function and looks.

My induction hobs were both Neff.

Fridge/freezers IMO are all the same.

Achangeisadgoodasarest Mon 03-Nov-14 08:05:33

It's a bit of a minefield isn't it? I just liked at everything in our price range both in the shops and online, AO.com was great for reviews and video demos of the products. Ended up with bosch ovens and hob (gas) Siemens f/f (American style) and whirlpool dishwasher. Haven't been disappointed yet, but it's only been a couple of months.

There have been a few bad things said about beko in the press lately, not sure what the whole story is though. I would recommend AO, excellent service and cash back for buying more than one appliance. Good luck!

MaryShelley Mon 03-Nov-14 08:07:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

captainmummy Mon 03-Nov-14 08:29:30

Def mix the brands! Go for what you like.

Go to Currys, comet, local electrical shops, even john lewis kitchens.

Eastwickwitch Mon 03-Nov-14 08:32:41

If you're buying quite a few appliances definitely look locally.
My local independent shop gave me the best deal and they delivered when I wanted. I know that, if I have a problem, they'll do their best to help.

MillyMollyMama Mon 03-Nov-14 21:55:31

I would look at Neff for the microwave combi oven and my a Miele Induction hob is excellent. You would be unlikely to tell the difference between the size of single ovens but I like my 900 wide one and that is a Kupersbusch, as is my very quiet dishwasher. I like Miele appliances as they are well made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now