Talk

Advanced search

IKEA Kitchens

(9 Posts)
CookieDoughKid Sun 23-Mar-14 11:54:57

Wanting to put a new kitchen in into the house I'm buying off plan. Anyone have experience with IKEA kitchens and their fitters? I'm in Berkshire/Oxfordshire boarders.

Need a modern style kitchen brand that has lots of flexibility as I have small kitchen space and want to use every inch wisely.

Open to suggestions of other medium/good value kitchen brands too. Suggestions and advice really appreciated! Thanks!

ilikemysleep Sun 23-Mar-14 14:35:27

We had an ikea kitchen. We went with the full service and our fitters were excellent- project managed and booked tilers, electrician etc and had the job done in a week. Friends who scoffed at our 'pricey' all in deal lived in chaos for over a month as their joiner popped in and out, and had to find tilers etc. Quality of units is good. I would definitely use them again.

KhloeKardashian Sun 23-Mar-14 14:37:48

I paid for my kitchen and fitting a week or so after they brought in the new kitchen units, and I am going into the store this week, to find out why nobody has been in touch about delivery and fitting.

CookieDoughKid Sun 23-Mar-14 15:29:18

Thanks very much for the feedback. So it seems dependent on finding a good joiner too? I'm wanting a double oven and a microwave. Would I have to go for three appliances or is their combined microwave oven any good/easy to use I'm needing oven space but also need a microwave and want to save on work top too. Thoughts? Many thanks!

KhloeKardashian Sun 23-Mar-14 15:31:48

I have ordered the microwave in the wall unit from them. They do very nice microwaves in tall unit that is the depth of the base units.

CookieDoughKid Mon 24-Mar-14 00:04:43

OK thanks!

Mrsladybirdface Mon 24-Mar-14 00:14:02

you can get a combi oven (microwave and fan oven in one)

superlambanana Mon 24-Mar-14 07:57:35

We looked at them but have gone for B&Q as they came out cheaper! Fitting it ourselves (aside from worktops and hob/cooker).

CookieDoughKid Mon 24-Mar-14 19:09:06

Ooo.... That sounds like a plan, a combined oven! Many thanks for the tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now