Talk

Advanced search

Hmmmm, which paint colour to go with 1970s flamingo wallpaper?

(8 Posts)
sydenhamhiller Sun 09-Feb-14 16:01:14

http://www.grahambrown.com/uk/product/20-282/flamingo

I know this wallpaper will...split opinion, but we always have some farrow and ball beige/ cream/ white/ pale grey on our walls, so we wanted to be colourful in just one room!

Our little 1960s downstairs loo is just having its avocado tiles/ sanitary ware replaced with white loo/ sink/ shower and white tiles around the shower/ splash back. There is a tiny window, so the light will always be on.

Because of the layout, pipework etc the builders have built in a unit for the sink to sit in/ loo to back into - just MDF. What colour do I paint this? Just white?

Or do I walk away from fabulous 1970s stylee wallpaper, paint the mdf an interesting colour, and the walls something else?

Have over-thought this now, and need to move on to sinks and mirrored wall cabinets - your thoughts would be welcome!

MummytoMog Sun 09-Feb-14 20:59:04

Just white - I think the wallpaper is great and that a downstairs loo is the ideal place to have a crazy paper. I'm planning something slightly mad in ours. But anything other than white is going to get a bit busy. Mirrored cabinets would be awesome too. And maybe a teensy mirror ball...

LondonGirl83 Sun 09-Feb-14 23:12:59

Fun wallpaper. I suggest you keep the rest neutral.

WinterWinds Sun 09-Feb-14 23:50:09

I was expecting something really gaudy in colours like pink, orange and brown but I do really like that wallpaper, it lovely.

I would just stick to white for everything else not only will it brighten up an otherwise darkish space but will really compliment the colours in that paper.

YellowDahlias Mon 10-Feb-14 07:23:12

I love the wallpaper.

We're also going for bright patterned wallpaper for our downstairs loo and have painted everything else white in preparation.

kitsmummy Mon 10-Feb-14 09:20:17

Beautiful, I'd just stick with an off white for the cabinet, rather than bright white, or perhaps Shaded White by F&B. We have a black patterned Sanderson wallpaper in our bedroom (all walls) and have used Shaded White for the ceiling and skirting. It's a beige really but against the strong colour it looks off white (even a light off white was too bright against the dark paper)

schmalex Mon 10-Feb-14 12:20:38

I love that wallpaper! I've been trying to persuade DH we need that in our downstairs loo!

sydenhamhiller Mon 10-Feb-14 17:52:44

Thanks all. Think DH was leaning towards paint, but I doooooo love that paper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now