The house we are currently looking at is on at £269,995 reduced by 10k two weeks ago. It has been on market since beginning of April and there is an open day planned in two weeks. However, the people who previously lived there part ex'd it for a new build so the property is now owned by a company who apparently want it gone ASAP.
Would it be cheeky to offer 250k? We are prepared to pay more but would be a bonus to avoid the 3% stamp duty.
A company aren't going to be offended by a low offer, like a private seller might be, so offer as low as you dare. Make your offer look good by having your finances ready, a good solicitor appointed and tell them you can move quickly.
Nocake yes we have all of those things in place TerrysGreenformica I didn't think of offering less than 250k but i suppose it may be worth considering. The estate agent haven't had any offers or done any negotiating with them yet so no idea what they want or what offer would make them laugh out loud 2nd viewing at the weekend so will decide then. Thanks
the pxs company will probably have paid 20% at least under valuation. when you say it has had 10k taken off is that the new price as advertised since px co took over or did they have it higher and then bring it down?
Crutchlow: it was originally on at 275,995 and then they knocked 10k off after a 7-10 days.
One of the things I don't know is what do these companies pay for these houses and who's valuation do they go off? I don't want them to think I am taking the piss and not serious about buying because I am but I suppose negotiations have to start somewhere!
Thanks Crutch. Well it's been on since beginning of April and round here houses seem to go either in the first week or take months. It was brought for 290 new build at height of market late 2006. Last year, one almost the same went for 255k.
I would start st £235 if I am honest. It will probably be a no but if a similar one went for £255 then I would expect to pay no more than £245 with a px co involved. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Just to update.....240k refused. They want close to asking price so have asked for final offer. Agent thinks they will refuse 250k too. However, I think that's our final offer based on other properties of same/better standard in that area in the last two years.