Talk

Advanced search

Truly excited but dare-I-admit-it nervous too... moving to beautiful Dorset!

(3 Posts)
Soph11 Wed 17-Apr-13 15:26:44

Hello, we are moving to the Dorchester area of Dorset, and I am keen to find out what is on offer locally, with other little children, for my 13-month-old daughter. I imagine there are lots of fun places and groups for us to join, I am just not sure how to find them!
It would be lovely for us both to make some new friends. Any thoughts welcome, thanks.

bigbutsrus1 Wed 17-Apr-13 22:40:46

I live just outside Dorchester in a village & work in Dorchester. Fantastic place to live! Register with your GP & ask your Heslth visitor for list of play groups near to you, go to the library - they have sing/story time. There is various singing/music groups around. The new sports centre has baby & mum swim classes. Get a family pass to Kingston Maurwood - great gardens & animals etc good for picnics. Have fun!

Soph11 Thu 18-Apr-13 15:19:11

Thank you so much! We will be in a village a couple of miles outside Dorchester too. GP will be Cerne Abbas Surgery so I'll ask HV for more info. The new sports centre looks ace! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now