Talk

Advanced search

Do I really need F&B paint for the ceiling/ Woodwork?

(5 Posts)
Dragonball Fri 12-Apr-13 20:27:41

hi there - Just about to paint our living room a blue colour - not sure which one yet - possibly OVal room blue (F&B). We live in a typical Victorian terrace with all original coving and ceiling rose, so makes sense to paint the walls a lovely expensive colour...but the ceiling? woodwork? Does it need to be F&B? Does it make a big difference if we use Dulux? And if so, what do you recommend on either brands?
thanks

Crikeyblimey Fri 12-Apr-13 20:33:32

Choose the best colour for the job. The best you personally like. Why should the make influence your choice?

Am I being really thick here but would you only buy one make of shoes even if another make was a better colour?

Aethelfleda Fri 12-Apr-13 20:48:41

Just use the colour you like. Like wines, there is surprisingly drinkable plonk out there and few people can tell the true vintage from a good cheaper bottle if they are served without labels. Believe me, in years to come no-one who really loves you is going to walk in and scream
"OMG you used Wilkinson's One-Coat! It's OVER!!!"

PigletJohn Sat 13-Apr-13 14:10:20

how much is the snob value worth to you?

specialsubject Sat 13-Apr-13 15:50:52

actually Wilkinson's emulsion seems good - and Dulux one-coat cracks and crazes within weeks.

there are MASSIVE choices of colours in all the ranges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now