Talk

Advanced search

6 months and still not found a house :(

(9 Posts)
LizziePizzie Thu 18-Oct-12 11:17:53

We have been looking for a house for 6 months now and not found anything. We lost out on 3 houses we bid on, and I am getting really down about it. Are there house's for sale that are not on rightmove?

CuddyMum Thu 18-Oct-12 12:16:12

Which area are you l

CuddyMum Thu 18-Oct-12 12:16:50

Looking in and what type of home are you looking for/budget etc?

LizziePizzie Thu 18-Oct-12 13:52:07

Cambridge detached and 400k. Garden, old and parking!

ClareMarriott Thu 18-Oct-12 18:25:43

Try Primelocation You don't say how many beds you need but there are 3 or 4 beds for £375k on there

MisForMumNotMaid Thu 18-Oct-12 18:30:29

Have you tried approaching owners direct, dropping flyers through doors with your email etc Like Phil and Kirsty do? Its just possible that there are people out there with a property in your price bracket that can't face lots of viewings and estate agents.

upinthehills Thu 18-Oct-12 18:40:46

I'm afraid it took us 18 months - we were looking in quite a restricted area though because we had to get a DC2 into the same primary school. It was a bit of a bun fight to get it too and we a paid quite a bit over the valuation - sorry - not the news you wanted.

Are you flexible with areas? I second primelocation also zoopla, there are also a few of the sites around where you can sell privately, have a google.

Globrix has a handy feature whereby you can see them all on a map and then filter your requirements.

Having a quick look - it seems that the "old" requirement is the problem for Cambridge itself. What about surrounding villages or somewhere on the train line like Saffron Walden?

Rhubarbgarden Thu 18-Oct-12 20:57:37

It took us two years. It was worth the wait to get the right house though.

GrendelsMum Thu 18-Oct-12 20:57:47

Is the problem that you're looking for a detached house in central Cambridge? Would you be better off looking for a semi-detached?

I agree with Upinthehills that perhaps you should look somewhere on the train line?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now