Talk

Advanced search

How often are bathrooms re done

(3 Posts)
CaliforniaLeaving Sat 22-Sep-12 01:39:57

I was wondering how long they are expected to last. The house we are supposed to be buying (it's in the family) has a shower room en suite and a full bathroom with a shower over the bath.
The en suite was done nearly 25 years ago and the bathroom just over 20 years, apart from being a bit dated, both done with high quality fixtures at the time, with gold taps and a leak that needs fixing. How long are they supposed to last. I want to do the full bathroom first, cause of the leak and replace the deep tub that I can't even get into without sitting on the side (nasty cold and slippy) then rip out the en suite and do that, and I being un reasonable thinking they are due? Or do I just need to fix the leak and put new floors in to get rid of the bloody carpet, which I think has to be the most disgusting thing to ever put in a bathroom.

CuddyMum Sat 22-Sep-12 09:18:13

It sounds to me like they are more then ready to be ripped out and replaced.

CaliforniaLeaving Sat 22-Sep-12 22:09:43

This is starting to sound expensive.
The champagne colour en suite needs to go I think. Luckily the bathroom has white sink and loo so those are fine. Arrgh, I also want a lean too laundry area off the kitchen, I wonder how much all this will cost hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now