Talk

Advanced search

What is that sage green door paint?!

(20 Posts)
Flossiechops Sun 16-Sep-12 09:45:37

Celebrating our wedding anniversary in bath where all of the gorgeous architecture has got me drooling! Lots of period doors painted in that gorgeous green colour. I currently have my Edwardian front door in f&b down pipe but I'm not keen so, what the hell is that perfect green that I lust after??? please tell me!!!

PorkyandBess Sun 16-Sep-12 09:49:15

Our patio doors are F&B french gray which is 'that' shade of green.

ogredownstairs Sun 16-Sep-12 10:08:34

F&b Green Smoke?

Devora Sun 16-Sep-12 22:47:09

It's everywhere, isn't it? And very lovely. I painted my garage door in Cuprinol Wild Thyme, which is the poor woman's version, but I'm sure what you're after is a lovely Farrow & Ball.

A cheaper version might be Dulux Green Glade in their Weathershield range.

NatureAbhorsAHoover Mon 17-Sep-12 23:50:01

flossie which is it? French Grey or Green Smoke??

<gagging to know>

tedglenn Tue 18-Sep-12 11:50:30

might be F&B lichen - slightly chalky but a definite green. We had lots of people knock on our door to ask what colour it was painted!

noddyholder Tue 18-Sep-12 12:01:21

Yes its french gray

LittleFrieda Tue 18-Sep-12 15:34:50

I think it could also be F&B Ball Green, which is very slightly more green than French Gray.

Brickle Tue 18-Sep-12 16:34:13

I've seen someone with F&B Cooking Apple Green undercoat and then the F & B French Grey over it - looked great

fossil97 Tue 18-Sep-12 21:47:10

Green smoke is quite dark. Lichen or French grey are much lighter like a lot of the doors you see on stone built houses.

I would love to know the poor woman's version of French Grey because I want to paint my stone window sills in it and am quaking at the thought of buying five litres of F&B masonry paint when I need about a quarter of it.

Flossiechops Wed 19-Sep-12 07:01:47

I'm still not sure grin I look over and over at the f&b chart! It may be mizzle, French gray, or blue gray, it's so confusing confused. I think I need to patch test first! Thanks for all your help though tis a gorgeous colour!

lightrain Wed 19-Sep-12 07:19:35

I have dulux highland glade 2 (specially made up in weather shield version). Love it, very sagey!

EdMcDunnough Wed 19-Sep-12 07:29:26

Well it might not be F&B esp if it's so popular.

Round here everyone's got whatever is available in tough, outdoor paint I think - Oxford blue, dark red and so on. It might just be one of the Dulux weathershield ones.

I got a cheap tin of International with the 10 year guarantee, it might be a hideous brown but at least it's solid smile and that's all there was!

eyestightshut Wed 19-Sep-12 18:57:22

We had this on our woodwork at our previous property - it was lovely www.dulux.co.uk/colour/gooseberry_fool_2, and nowhere near as expensive as F&B

trixymalixy Fri 21-Sep-12 08:25:49

It could be f&b pigeon. We got loads of testers, French grey, lichen etc and pigeon was the colour that we liked best.

Flossiechops Fri 21-Sep-12 08:51:16

You see everybody has a different opinion I'm even more confused now! I will get some testers of the recommended short list grin

betterwhenthesunshines Fri 21-Sep-12 18:29:44

DH and i just call it 'the colour of the new century' grin

Tis a lovely colour, but I'm getting bit bored of it. <runs away>

What about a smokey blue?

GetDressed Fri 21-Sep-12 19:11:50

I bought the Dulux Green Glade recently for "that" colour and it isn't right. It's nice but not the one.

So I am still on the hunt but it must be a F&B colour.

melmum Mon 01-Oct-12 12:58:40

Could be Fired Earth oak apple?

Bearcat Mon 01-Oct-12 13:37:35

Just been down the wet garden into our shed to check the colour.
Our front door is painted with F & B exterior paint in Lichen (pale green).
I love it, and I had a lady knock on the front door once to ask me the colour. We live in a 30's house with original stained glass in front door.
I think at the time I bought this paint, just over a year ago, F & B's brochure had a front door pictured painted in Lichen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now