Advanced search

Who would do this sort of work in a bathroom?

(2 Posts)
starrychime Wed 28-Sep-11 17:42:29

Hopefully just about got a house - waiting for mortgage decision! The bathroom needs a little bit of work - there's no seal round the bath and a small hole in the wall near the skirting board that you can see pipes through - it's about 8 inches square. Who would fix these sort of things? I'm thinking not a plumber for the sealing job? Maybe just a general handyman? Thought about attempting it myself but then thought again grin And would a general joiner type person be able to box in the hole - actually I think there might be a pipe coming out of it as if the bath has maybe been moved at some point.

lalalonglegs Wed 28-Sep-11 18:43:05

A handyperson would be the best bet - in London (I don't know about elsewhere) there are lots of handymen firms that specialise in these sorts of low-level jobs but really, what you want, is an old fella who has been doing it all his life and doesn't charge very much.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: