Talk

Advanced search

Reception level phonics / numeracy games online?

(10 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 13:02:02

DS loves games but I'd like him to play some PC games that tie in with what he is doing at school.

Any suggestions?

AnnieOneForTennis Mon 26-Oct-09 13:08:04

Ooh, yes, me too.

CMOTdibbler Mon 26-Oct-09 13:09:01

Reasding Eggs is a great literacy programme online. You get a free trial, but then it isn't very much to subscribe

mychildrenarebarmy Mon 26-Oct-09 13:19:18

Education city is really good. We subscribed for my DD to use as part of our home ed. it's here

mychildrenarebarmy Mon 26-Oct-09 13:20:54

should add, you can do a free trial, and they will often extend it if you haven't signed up by the end of the initial free trial which gives you a good chance to really see if it would work for your DS. If you know someone who already subscribes then they will have a refer a friend code which will give you both an extra 3 months free at the end of your paid period.

Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 13:50:28

Hiya,

we just joined Reading Eggs and DS just had a really good go with 'M' and 'S' grin

Will try Education City too!
Thanks

Much better than Star wars games!

emsandjammy Mon 26-Oct-09 15:22:25

ictgames.com - covers reception, year 1 and year 2 and my year 1 DD loves it and also does it at school

BaronConker Wed 28-Oct-09 06:47:15

Starfall is a fun website - it's American so at first glance looks like it uses upper case phonemes but it does actually use lower case ones too. It has lots of fun interactive books where your child can put him/herself into the stories etc. My kids love it and DS2 (3) likes the ABC section for littler ones...

maverick Wed 28-Oct-09 09:53:25

This is good -and free:

www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/games/literacy_menu.html

mrz Wed 28-Oct-09 10:31:20

I also use www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm my class love the games.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now