Talk

Advanced search

shamelessly want to hear my ds is doing well from school report -he is 7 in yr 2.

(16 Posts)
ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sat 04-Jul-09 23:37:36

have had some concerns about my ds development over the last few years and we have had a difficult time as a family.
Don't have any extended family to brag to,would not dream of asking at school gates/friends about reports etc[one close friend I used to but her dd has SEN so wouldn't dream,so

just want to shamelessly revel in his good report and ask if it is indeed good

had level 3 maths and level 3 science
level 2 welsh[is taught through welsh medium and we speak no welsh at home]so think that is ok.

general comments ~sets excellent example of behaviour to other class members[proud mummy emoticon] and is quiet and hard working.also cheerful and popular[sure they say that for everyone though!]

should I ask for subsets of the welsh language level 2,a,b,c,etc to see if anything to help him with?

otherwise hope you had/have good reports for your dcs and hope you don't mind me having a secret" moment"

plonker Sat 04-Jul-09 23:41:06

You brag away!!

Well done miniohbaby, that's a fantastic report! smile

RedLentil Sat 04-Jul-09 23:43:31

That is wonderful!
You are right to be proud.

Revel away smile

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sat 04-Jul-09 23:47:30

thanks am not[normally] a bragger but am proud.
His teacher is super strict and has told many of the other pupils straight when they are not doing well apparently.[so it must be true]

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sat 04-Jul-09 23:49:15

thanks you two - how good of you to be nice about itsmile

coppertop Sun 05-Jul-09 13:39:33

Well done to your ds.

brimfull Sun 05-Jul-09 13:44:22

well done to your ds

I thought they didn't do sats in Wales though?

moffat Sun 05-Jul-09 14:03:32

That's brilliant, I always find the comments about being cheerful and hardworking more heartwarming than academic accomplishment. Well done to him.

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 05-Jul-09 14:12:06

thankssmile
ggirl they do assessments/tests at the end of the year and teacher assessments throughout the year and are given a level from those.
moffat I agreesmile
level 3 is good though I think[but of course the rest of the class could all have the same for all I know]

katiestar Sun 05-Jul-09 15:21:08

Well done.I am so pleased for you both

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Sun 05-Jul-09 17:48:54

thankyou katie smile
I was wondering how other dcs in the welsh language system whose parents don't speak any welsh have got on in yr 2 levels.
It is obviously more of a strain writing entirely in your second language.

Dysgu Mon 06-Jul-09 00:57:39

But getting a level 2 in a second language is great. Da iawn MiniOhbaby.

Level 2 is expectation at end of year 2.

He will start having English lessons in Year 3.

ohbabygivemeonemorechance Mon 06-Jul-09 09:38:02

Diolch i chi Dysgu!
You're right,I know.
The writing is the part he finds the most challenging~that's not a bad thing though,to be challenged.
Parents' night is this week and may ask his very experienced and excellent teacher more detail about the components of the assessment[to help him].He is reading books at the end of cam 10 atm which I think is quite far on.

cazzybabs Mon 06-Jul-09 09:40:35

that is fantantastic - well done to your ds

Pyrocanthus Mon 06-Jul-09 10:13:55

Able and nice. Enjoy your moment.

dinosaur Mon 06-Jul-09 10:28:17

that's lovely, ohbaby! Many congrats to your DS!

I must admit I bloody revel in good school reports - I wallow in them like a pig in mud, I do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now