Talk

Advanced search

Letts 'National Test' practice papers

(5 Posts)
usernametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 20:04:43

I saw some KS1 practice papers today on special offer. Are the scores comparable to the actual SATS? Are the practice papers as hard/easy as the real things?
I am in two minds to buy them. I know I am a little early in thinking about this but they are going cheap! I also think DD will get a lot of practice in during the summer term so I shouldn't worry about her not seeing a paper.
Thanks

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 20:07:22

oh god please don't do it .. she'll be 7 .. they're just SATs .. bollocksy bean-counter lead govt policy .. she doesn't need to practice them at home .. no doubt school will have her doing them in school for a term to get used to it .. far too much stress to do at home too

seeker Mon 18-Aug-08 20:11:45

Don't do it. Not need to practice.

usernametaken Mon 18-Aug-08 20:18:40

Ok... I'll go with 'she can practice at school' train of thought! Nowts a bargain, unless you need it etc etc etc!

seeker Tue 19-Aug-08 08:40:50

Oh, and if there is too much evidence of ractice happening at school, have words with the teacher! Year 2 SATS should be taken in the childrens' stride - they should hardly know they are doing them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now