Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I think she has realised she has to go back everyday!

(10 Posts)
mummytojess Mon 10-Sep-07 10:16:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clutteredup Mon 10-Sep-07 10:30:11

she's probably having a whale of a time at school and completely forgoten al about it . at lunch she will make new friends and won't give it a second though. meanwhile you're sat at home feeling lioke the worst mother in the world and worrying she'll hate school for life , never get on, never get any exams and fail miserably as an adult....oh sorry that was me when DS started school! go and but a big bar of chocolate, make yourself a cup of coffee, find a good book, magazine whatever to read or turn on daytime TV and enjoy the fact that DD is at school ......really she'll be fine it's so much worse for us smile

shinyhappytonks Mon 10-Sep-07 10:35:19

Hi,

Sorry to hear that it didn't go that well this morning. Hopefully she will feel a bit better at the end of the day. Maybe being at home over the weekend is just enough of a break to forget that school was fun and once she is back in the swing of things she will be fine smile

Although I am just about to start this as my ds is off to start school this afternoon, and i am so proud but devastated sad. Cannot believe how much i am going to miss him - even though it is only part-time shock - dread to think what kind of loony state i will be in by the time he starts full-time grin

As for the school dinners, if she has been okay today maybe keep going with them, if not let her have a packed lunch with her best friend. Or maybe have a word with BF mother to see if she would be willing to try school dinners too.

hth

mummytojess Mon 10-Sep-07 10:45:03

Oenophile Mon 10-Sep-07 10:49:28

Yes, do remember that not every minute will be terrible, even if it's the sad things she tells you when she gets home.

It's so hard, isn't it. Poor you, we suffer such agonies through our children.

I remember mine (aged 3) coming home after one day at nursery and her Nan saying 'so, you'll be going to school tomorrow!' all bright and cheerful, and DD looked up in astonishment and said 'No, I BEEN to school, Nana!'

(same DD is now off to Uni soon which she is utterly dreading, and now has false-memory syndrome 'I always loved school, I'm going to miss it so much!' So now I'm worrying about Uni, it never stops you know...

jeangenie Mon 10-Sep-07 10:53:34

if it helps I say let her have a packed lunch and sit with her best friend
I insisted on school dinners when my DD started last year and tbh it wasn't worth the fuss as she didn't like them and her best friend was having sandwiches
she is now on packed lunches and much happier
there is enough new and unknown stuff at school
what's the big deal...

mummytojess Mon 10-Sep-07 11:01:46

scattyspice Mon 10-Sep-07 11:31:17

I'm wi Jeangenie. Give her sandwiches, why make it harder for her?

mummytojess Mon 10-Sep-07 16:54:25

jeangenie Mon 10-Sep-07 21:36:06

I think you are doing right thing - poor mite - let her sit with the friend and have one less stress to deal with
maybe later (when she has moved onto new friend grin) when the weather is colder you can try her again but let her settle first
oh, it's all just too HARD!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now