Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry House School & Hampstead Hill School

(14 Posts)
SummitLove Wed 01-Feb-17 17:03:09

If you had a child at any of these schools where they offered a place at your first choice school at 7+?

How early did you register?

Did your child enjoy their time at these schools?

Noctilucent Wed 01-Feb-17 23:05:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Noctilucent Wed 01-Feb-17 23:05:37

SummitLove Thu 02-Feb-17 09:14:32

Thank you so much Noctilucent.

Can I ask why you went with moving at 4+ rather than 7+?

Samkopel Thu 02-Feb-17 09:20:30

We have just been through the process at MHS and it is BRUTAL! The head teacher left at Christmas in the middle of it all, the school has been expanded so instead of trying to find places for around 20 kids (this year), there will now be 30-40 (from next year).
The majority of the class did not get first choice this year. Feel misguided about where to apply and how competitive it was going to be. There are a lot of very unhappy parents!
Interested to know how Hampstead Hill did!

Noctilucent Thu 02-Feb-17 11:30:18

Noctilucent Thu 02-Feb-17 11:34:26

SummitLove Thu 02-Feb-17 11:37:50

samkopel thank you so much for the response. I was totally unaware of these issues, although I was aware that last year some children did not get their first choice school. It is a little concerning there are now an additional 20 children preparing for 7+ but it doesn't feel like schools with 7+ intakes (in the area) are expanding their intake. Do you know whether every child has a place yet?

noctilucent Perfect, thank you. We are really struggling to find schools that have extended hours for working parents, which is why we are looking at MH and HH until 7+. We really like Highgate but even with serious tag-team parenting we just would be able to do the drop off - pick up around those hours.

Noctilucent Thu 02-Feb-17 11:39:13

Samkopel Thu 02-Feb-17 11:48:53

Hard for me to respond to all these comments as we also loved the first school, it was lovely and nurturing. Sadly it is hard to see how all the changes will benefit the children and parents and unfortunately a lot of the parents in the second school feel that way.

SummitLove Thu 02-Feb-17 11:53:38

Fully understand Samk Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Samkopel Thu 02-Feb-17 11:57:41

if you have a boy you could try UCS pre-prep but I don't know how well they cater for working parents.
feel free to private message me if you have any other questions about mhs.

SummitLove Thu 02-Feb-17 16:27:13

B+G Twins so ideally looking for co-ed.

NW6AussieMum Thu 02-Feb-17 22:09:59

Our son has been at MH since he was two and we absolutely love the school. It is very academic and certainly moves the kids through things very early - our son knew all his phonics by age three and a bit, without any practice at home - but somehow it all seems like fun to them. More importantly, there is a lovely ethos, with a real focus in being kind to each other, sharing and general good behaviour. I'm also a fan if the new building work - our son loves the roof garden.

Our son is 4 and will be staying to 7+, so I can't comment on the exits from personal experience, but historically it seems to do well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now