Talk

Advanced search

Playtime supervision - would you raise this as a concern?

(11 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Sun 15-Jan-17 12:04:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jamdonut Sun 15-Jan-17 12:18:28

Yes raise the concern.
We have to be outside , patrolling with hi vis jackets and are not allowed drinks outside.
In this weather children must have coats on.
They can't go on our wooden climbing equipment at the moment , either, as it becomes slippery in cold damp weather.
There are usually 3 of us on duty , for all the different areas.

It does sound like a safeguarding issue to me.

cansu Sun 15-Jan-17 12:24:04

They should be walking around playground . I do this duty and I wrap up warm grab a cup of tea and walk. Tell the head.

Feenie Sun 15-Jan-17 12:30:40

A cup of tea?????

<jealous>

<misses point>

cansu Sun 15-Jan-17 12:36:57

Definitely in a lidded beaker of course!

WatchfulOwl Sun 15-Jan-17 12:43:54

Walking around with tea?? Not in my school, all staff expected to be playing and engaging with the children at all times.

YANBU OP.

MiaowTheCat Sun 15-Jan-17 13:30:33

bojorojo Sun 15-Jan-17 18:34:56

It is not a safeguarding issue. It is a safety issue. The Head and the Governors are responsible for Health and Safety and such issues should be brought to their attention. Any serious accident should be investigated and, given the history of accidents, you should bring your concerns to the Head. The School must have a Health and Safety policy and do a check every year that highlights any health and safety issues. These are then put into a plan for improvement. This is urgent. Not really the coat wearing but how the equipment is supervised. I would voice your concerns to the Head and if needs be, to the of Governors.

LindyHemming Sun 15-Jan-17 22:30:37

mrz Mon 16-Jan-17 06:20:55

I'm relocating! grin

MiaowTheCat Mon 16-Jan-17 10:04:16

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: