Advanced search

Edinburgh p1 reg week

(7 Posts)
worriedabouthimagain Sat 29-Oct-16 18:16:28

Can someone explain it to me please as I have no clue also I don't have any bills due to having meters and online statements so what can I bring? Thanks

TheTroubleWithAngels Sat 29-Oct-16 19:12:40

I don't teach in Edinburgh but it can't be too different.

You will be in a catchment area for a denominational (RC) primary school and a non-denominational primary school. Baptised RC children take priority (but I've never heard of a child being told there isn't space). If you don't want your child to go to either catchment school, you need to register them and then submit your placing request.

You should be able to print off a copy of your bills. It is essential to bring these as proof of address and we will not complete your application without them.

You will be asked to fill in a form with (off the top of my head) name, DOB and nationality. Foreign national checks are carried out on non-EU passport holders.

You can defer any time up until August.

It sounds quite daunting but it's really a very quick process.

Any other qs?

teainbed Sat 29-Oct-16 19:15:00

You must have a council tax certificate? They can send you a duplicate if you need it.

Groovee Sat 29-Oct-16 19:18:18

Phone your catchment school to find out their drop in times or make an appointment. Some bills can be printed off with your address from your online account. We still get a gas bill for address as I need them for PVG updates etc.

worriedabouthimagain Sat 29-Oct-16 19:44:49

Thanks we need council tax notice and some bill . I will be near a Vodafone shop tomorrow and I'd see about getting a bill then if not I'd print off all online statements and hope for the best. Thanks

Groovee Sat 29-Oct-16 20:58:41

Don't forget the birth certificate.

worriedabouthimagain Mon 31-Oct-16 23:13:54

Hi am updating just in case someone reads it with the same problem.i called the school today (leith primary school ) and they said the birth certificate with the council tax bill will be OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now