Talk

Advanced search

Foundation Stage current learning and pace

(7 Posts)
slp123 Sat 08-Feb-14 11:44:07

hi
I don't wamt to know where your child is at etc but I just gave a few concerns about the pace of learning in my child's class. I know each class is different but just tryimg to get a bench mark. so if you don't mimd sharing would you tell me whivh sounds they are learning next week or last week and the areas covered in maths.
nect week my child's class are learning 'oi', 'air' and 'ear' and maths is counting in 2's and odd/even numbers. I worry that things are moving too fast for consolidation or is this about right?
thanks

slp123 Sat 08-Feb-14 11:45:06

sorry for the typos, I'm on my phone

mrz Sat 08-Feb-14 14:04:45

I'm no longer teaching reception but would have taught those before Christmas if following JP - 5 sounds a week

sleeplessinderbyshire Sat 08-Feb-14 14:15:20

Think that's about what my reception DD is doing (an august born littlely)

cornflakegirl Sat 08-Feb-14 14:24:55

DS2's class have reached zz according to his phonics folder. They only do a couple of sounds a week - a Debbie Hepplewhite recommendation, I think. Not sure about numeracy. He doesn't know what an even number is.

mrz Sat 08-Feb-14 14:29:28

Reception children would start with rhymes 2-4-6-8 Mary at the cottage gate eating cherries off a plate 2-4-6-8 type & counting socks, shoes, arms. legs, eyes & odd and even street type activities

slp123 Sat 08-Feb-14 15:33:19

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now