Talk

Advanced search

Bloo House in Esher, anyone?

(14 Posts)
Surreybordersmum Thu 30-Jan-14 14:48:41

Does anyone have any experience of Bloo House in Esher? I like their philosophy in principle but do the children learn well? Are they adequately prepared for 11+ exams?
Any views/ feedback would be much appreciated!

idgies Fri 21-Mar-14 08:55:28

We looked at it 3 years ago and are considering it again for various reasons. We are not there yet though so I don't have an inside track. I would also love to hear more from other people if you have any insight or opinion into Bloo House as a whole.

idgies Sat 07-Jun-14 20:53:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

idgies Mon 27-Apr-15 22:43:22

We did Bloo House for about a year and we are moving on. Private message me if you have any questions and I can tell you about our experience.

sarah1712 Tue 28-Apr-15 20:02:45

Hi,

Would you mind telling of your experience with Bloo house?

Many thanks smile

grapefruit711 Sun 31-May-15 12:43:11

Hi Idgies

Could I please PM you regarding Bloo House? Would very much like to hear some views. Thanks.

Am1sha Fri 07-Aug-15 14:50:54

Hi idgies - Do you mind if I PM you about your experience of Bloo House? I've been considering sending my LO there once he turns five.

Thanks!

Am1sha Fri 07-Aug-15 14:52:28

Sorry - Not familiar with how mumsnet works. Could you please tell me a bit about your experiences at Bloo House? I'm really considering it for my LO.

Thank you!

parent06 Wed 12-Jul-17 12:45:48

A bit late but my experience at Bloo House as a parent was terrible. Academically I don't feel our child was looking anywhere near entering mainstream schooling after attending bloo house. Politics is rife and just not my cup of tea. We pulled out after a few years.

Parent01 Fri 21-Jul-17 20:29:45

Like the poster above myself and my child also had a terrible experience at this school. My child was definitely not educated to mainstream levels and did not get the opportunities that larger schools offer. It was a costly mistake...

friedegs Fri 21-Jul-17 22:00:34

Are you the same person parent 01/06, you have very similar writing styles!

Please can you elaborate? What was terrible as a parent? What terrible experience did your child have?

Is Claremont Fan a good alternative?

trinity0097 Sun 23-Jul-17 07:49:18

What sort of school do you want? Or more importantly what do you want them to achieve / go on to? How old are they?

idgies Wed 02-Aug-17 10:49:03

This website should hopefully clear some of your questions up. This website is set up by ex-parents of Bloo House school. I truly hope that no one has to go through what we went through at Bloo House. Turns out we were not alone
bloohouseblues.org/

happyparentshappykids Fri 11-Aug-17 22:05:00

hi all!
I checked bloohouseblues.org/ and wow...! looks like there's a school with serious issues
hubby and I bumped into some v unhappy BH parents during a Belmont School's open day last year.
I wonder if anyone has more experiences to share??

thank you! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now