Talk

Advanced search

OK, we've been offered a reception place - do I need to do anything?

(9 Posts)
nextphase Wed 17-Apr-13 20:27:36

Hello,

been offered (third choice) reception place for DS1. Thats all the letter states. Do they assume I'm taking them up on it unless I tell them, or we don't turn up in Sept?
Or do I need to "accept" it somehow?

Stupid question.....

Cheers for any answers

PiHigh Wed 17-Apr-13 20:30:30

In the offer letter I got, we had to contact the school direct to confirm the place. 2 years ago we had to email the admissions team iirc. It should say in your letter.

nextphase Wed 17-Apr-13 20:35:18

Nope, all it says is
school one - not offered
school two - not offered
school three - place offered

Please do not reply to this e-mail

The website just states that the cycle is closed, and to contact them directly if you need to make a late application?

drivingmisspotty Wed 17-Apr-13 20:39:21

Is it eadmissions? I had a similar email but when I went on website and logged in it showed dd's name then underneath an option to view he outcome. On this page you could reply. If not clear I would ring council tomorrow.

Congrats in getting one of your choices!

LindseyLittle Wed 17-Apr-13 20:40:59

We had a similar email except at the bottom it said we would be receiving a letter from the school, it arrived the same day and in it was a few forms to complete, one being the place acceptance letter.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 17-Apr-13 20:41:40

I would contact the school. We had to provide proof of address and confirm acceptance of the place within a relatively short timeframe IIRC.

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 17-Apr-13 20:41:44

How about phoning the school and asking?

jamtoast12 Wed 17-Apr-13 20:55:43

Is it lancashire as last year we didnt have to accept places, it was just assumed unless they heard from you?

nextphase Fri 19-Apr-13 17:34:54

I've just got a letter! It tells me I only need to inform them if I want to appeal or reject the offer. Why couldn't they put that on the e-mail or on the website?

Wandered past yesterday - they have added chickens since I last walked past!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now