Talk

Advanced search

What's the modern equivalent of 1980s programming for schools?

(5 Posts)
dizzy77 Wed 07-Nov-12 19:12:48

When I was growing up in the ahem early 80s, my mum used to record the schools programmes for my sister and me and they used to form a fair bit of our recreational viewing. Words & Pictures, Look & Read, How We Used To Live, Science Workshop etc.

What's the equivalent these days? Is it all Internet based or DVDs, or is there a secret place in the high reaches ok the Sky+ EPG available only to those with the right handshake? I have some limited experience of CBeebies etc which seems a bit more Rainbow/Playschool than what I'm after.

Any pointers from wise MNers received with thanks. Recommendations for the best early reader Words & Picture type stuff especially appreciated.

Euphemia Wed 07-Nov-12 20:06:44

There's loads of stuff on BBC Schools class clips.

dizzy77 Wed 07-Nov-12 21:17:16

Wow, these are amazing. I could lose myself in there. Thanks Euphemia.

PastSellByDate Thu 08-Nov-12 02:03:50

Hi dizzy77:

Just in case you haven't come across it - the bbc also has set up a learning zone (currently BETA - so under development).

You can go straight to teacher's support materials for EYFS/ KS1/ KS2 and find links to all sorts of resources (worksheets/ games) to support learning as well.

Link here: www.bbc.co.uk/schools/teachers/

In the orange framed box (mid left of webpage) just select the EYFS/ KS1 or KS2 tab and follow curriculum links from there.

HTH

Piggychunk Thu 08-Nov-12 09:07:10

Not sure if this is what you are after but it brings back fond memeories

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9MXx9xej10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now