Talk

Advanced search

A question about my child's report

(4 Posts)
rrbrigi Wed 03-Oct-12 10:27:28

Hi,

My son is in Reception and we (all the parents) had a brief meeting with the teacher and she told us the curriculum in Reception year and how they asses our children. She showed us a file (little book) from our children where they put everything that they assessed. How the child behave, how settled in, how the child reading, math improving etc. We will have a parents evening at the end of October. This will be a 10 minutes meeting with the teacher. She told me we will have the possibility to see this file at the parents evening.

Do you think can I ask the school to make a photocopy for me about this file in a week before the parents evening? So I have time to look at home, make comments if I wish. Because English is not my first language, I think 10 minutes would not be enough for me to read the whole file think it through and ask question as well. I just would like to be prepared for the parents evening.

Do you think School will do it for me? Or they think it is a bit strange?

iwantavuvezela Wed 03-Oct-12 10:29:32

They might well leave the books out on the day (our school does this), and then you have a look whilst you wait for your appointment. You can get there a bit earlier to do this. My feeling is that they might not want books leaving the school.

LemarchandsBox Wed 03-Oct-12 10:37:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

redskyatnight Wed 03-Oct-12 10:43:21

I also doubt they would be keen to allow you to copy it. DD's school allows parents to come in and look at the Reception assessment file when they want though - I'm sure they would allow you to come in and spend some time looking through it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now