Talk

Advanced search

What do you tell your DCs current school if they are doing a taster day somewhere else?

(5 Posts)
GreatBallsOfFluff Mon 26-Sep-11 23:07:52

Hi everyone, I am sure I've seen this asked here at some point but I can't find it.

DD is going for a taster day and I'm just wondering what to tell her current school. If this school doesn't work out (dd doesn't get offered a place, she doesn't like it after the taster day, financially it doesn't work etc) then she will be staying at her current school so don't want any bad feeling.

What have other parents done and how have their dcs' school reacted if you told them the truth?

Thanks

RosemaryandThyme Mon 26-Sep-11 23:20:21

I have this problem too, have decided to tell the truth as I suspect the headteachers probably tell each other anyway (small rural community).

choirmum Mon 26-Sep-11 23:24:51

I had to do this with both my children at the same school. I think it was a bit easier because they were going to another school to do something very specific and their existing school was delighted for them. Are you considering moving from state to independent? If so, I think the current school will understand the appeal of the smaller classes etc and won't judge you.

GreatBallsOfFluff Tue 27-Sep-11 06:16:03

Thanks both.
After posting I also realised, knowing what dd is like, that she'll be telling half the school afterwards anyway.

Yes moving from state to independent so yes hopefully they'll understand

Everlong Tue 27-Sep-11 06:35:15

I was just upfront with school. It was all done in a nice and friendly manner. It was fine. Don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now