Talk

Advanced search

Schools in Wymondham or Thorpe st Andrew?

(7 Posts)
Dillydollydaydream Wed 08-Jun-11 18:01:53

Hi there smile

We're hoping to move to Thorpe st Andrew or Wymondham. Just wondered if any one has any experience of the schools in either of these areas?

I've looked at the GCSE results, both high schools look pretty ok.

I have a child currently in reception and another in yr.3. I've noticed Wymondham has a separate infant and middle school so I'll have to rush between two schools to drop off and collect. Hmm so that might be an issue!

Has anyone had any experience of any schools in either if these areas?

Any help would be great -x-

Dillydollydaydream Thu 09-Jun-11 11:26:37

Bump ;)

PatriciaHolm Thu 09-Jun-11 12:12:03

Only many many years ago, I grew up in Wymondham!

The High school has a very good reputation locally still though (relatives still live there).

I don't think any of the schools are bad, tbh.

Dillydollydaydream Thu 09-Jun-11 16:01:24

Thank you.
Good to hear the schools have a good reputation smile

ragged Thu 09-Jun-11 20:54:34

Might be better off posting in Norwich MN-local?

sarararararah Thu 09-Jun-11 21:10:40

Well, Thorpe St Andrew has 3 schools, all primaries that all have a good reputation. Thorpe has an equal catchment area, so it doesn't matter whereabouts you live in Thorpe, you can apply to any. They are all pretty oversubscribed though, I believe. It depends what you want really. One has a very play based, creative curriculum and another is a little more traditional as you go up the school but still has a creative curriculum and the other is a little more formal.

In Wymondham, there are 2 infants' schools, both with good reputations and a very large junior school (5 form entry, I think). There is a nice primary in Wicklewood (nearby, about 4 miles away) that takes children who live in Wymondham which would avoid the pick up from two schools. Although, they must have lots of other families in the same situation I would think.

Does that help a bit? I'm happy to answer questions, as I lived in Wymondham until 3 years ago and work in Thorpe St. Andrew but obviously need to be careful what I say on a public forum!

Dillydollydaydream Fri 10-Jun-11 19:36:16

Thank you very much for all the help. My inlaws live in Thorpe End so we know that side of the city better.
Also free childcare is a bonus ;)

I'm new to Mumsnet and still finding my way around to will look on the local boards you suggested smile x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: