Talk

Advanced search

What do your 10/11 DD'sdo when then have a friend over for a play date ?

(11 Posts)
josben Fri 12-May-17 18:53:21

DD has got her pal over and all they seem to want to do is watch you tube videos ! hmm

I've got them playing outside on scooters now ... IABU?

Melissa980 Sat 13-May-17 12:29:07

If they're having fun then let them have fun don't make them go outside

Bloosh Wed 24-May-17 13:07:24

Given the choice mine would play on her iPad while her friends play on their phones. Baking is usually the best way to get them off screens.

chocolateavocado99 Mon 29-May-17 14:15:17

Make slime. And then do musicallys. And then more slime. And repeat.

NatalieRushman Mon 29-May-17 14:16:55

Bake, make slime, ipad, paint nails. In that order.

Earlybird Mon 29-May-17 15:52:27

What are musicallys?

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Mon 29-May-17 15:54:21

Dd is 11 and has a friend over (12) and they are sat in the conservatory watching you tube and playing Spotify.

They did go to the park, 5 minutes away but came back because it's raining.

At that age I just leave them to it calling them down for food if the friend is staying over a meal time.

MyNameIsntTaken Mon 29-May-17 16:18:16

I've walked into the room a few times to find them all sitting down, glued to their tablets/phones barely speaking to each other. I think its normal these days. Sometimes they'll all go on Xbox or PlayStation or just watch YouTube, musicaly etc.

Earlybird like a younger kids vine sort of. Short clips of them doing something to music or a pre recorded script, they either mouth along while acting things out or dance, pose, gymnastics or trampoline if they're into that, just anything really.

chocolateavocado99 Wed 31-May-17 14:36:45

Musicallys are a lip sync video program. They do the movements to a short (30 second) song. They post, follow and comment on each other's.

waitforrose Mon 12-Jun-17 00:14:32

Pleeeez be careful of music.ly and live.ly apps! Ch4 just showed at least half are watched by Paedos posing as children. They studied them for 2 weeks and found no end of commenters asking them to dance certain way/show knickers etc.

W0rriedMum Mon 12-Jun-17 00:17:47

You know you can set your child's account to be private, waitforrose?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now