Talk

Advanced search

Preteen DD11 bodyhair

(7 Posts)
Lockie2005 Tue 23-Aug-16 12:40:45

My DD11 has underarm hair and hairy legs - she would like to get rid and I have no issue with this. Personally I have waxed since 18 and I know it's not for everyone. Has anyone any advice on what to use? Should I teach her to shave or use a body cream?

QuimReaper Tue 23-Aug-16 12:53:52

If I could go back in time I would never shave, just start waxing / epilating from the get-go.

dementedpixie Tue 23-Aug-16 12:59:13

I shave and so does Dd.

SardineJam Tue 23-Aug-16 15:37:01

Epilating - basically like waxing (but takes longer) but long term it works out cheaper and you can get rid of the hair whenever, rather than waiting for the next appointment - if you can help her with waxing, rather than getting it done somewhere, do that!

Lockie2005 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:22:13

Thank you - I know what a wimp she is so I'll start with the shaving and see how she gets on

QuimReaper Tue 23-Aug-16 22:16:35

Gotta disagree there.

I think getting it waxed off professionally to begin with is the way to go: the first time is always the most painful, and having someone else being all brisk and efficient about it means you don't wimp out. (Did for me, anyway grin )

After that it'll hurt heaps less and she'll be used to the sensation, so she'll be able to cope with epilating by herself, or at least letting you wax.

I really do wish I had never started on the shaving!

dementedpixie Tue 23-Aug-16 22:31:00

Ive never had mine waxed so I'm happy to stick with shaving

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now