Talk

Advanced search

3 under 4 years old - could I get more than 12 hours free nursery for the oldest?

(4 Posts)
jojochanel Wed 28-Oct-09 21:59:07

DC3 due in March. DS1 will be 3 1/2, DS will be 19 months. A friend involved in education mentioned today that due to the number of little ones I would probably be entitled to a free preschool place (9am-3pm)for my eldest which is more than the 12 hours I currently get for him now he's just turned three. She said it would be dependant on a place being available and no other more needy children being on the list.

Has anyone heard of this?

I live in Scotland BTW which could be different to England/Wales in this respect.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 28-Oct-09 22:02:05

Don't believe it's the case in England, but don't know about Scotland I'm afraid.

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Wed 28-Oct-09 22:04:10

I've not heard of this. Not sure why you should get it either just because you've decided to have all your kids really close together....

sweetkitty Wed 28-Oct-09 22:08:28

I'm in Scotland and when I was pregnant with DD3 I got DD2 into nursery early. They call it a priority place and it's free and all year round. Places are limited though but I know babies who have had places with Mums with PND for example. I had to have a referral from my HV as I had SPD.

Haven't heard of a 3yo getting more hours though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now