Talk

Advanced search

Did your child have a sports day

(9 Posts)
Dynamicnanny Fri 11-Jul-08 17:27:08

and what activities did they do Our nursery class missed out on doing a sports day although they got to watch their older siblings compete so thought I would throw an impromptu sports day party next week - any ideas of what to do or what races your little ones enjoyed.

I have potato and spoon, pillow case race, racing ridealong vechiles, balancing cushions on heads

TIA

Lazylou Fri 11-Jul-08 17:38:11

The school held a foundation stage sports day for the older nursery children and the reception class and it was lovely. The activities on offer included a scooter race, literally up, round a cone and back again with an emphasis on turn taking, parachute games such as "fruit salad" and "popcorn", obstacle course, throwing bean bags into hoops and novelty races, which included wheelbarrow racing, dressing up (the children had to run, put on an item of dressing up, run again, put on a hat, run around a cone and undress on the way back). Then there were the parents' races...hmm

All in all it was a lovely morning and the children really seemed to enjoy it. Hope this helps and good luck with yours!

PortBlacksandResident Fri 11-Jul-08 17:38:59

I would say relays are good as then everyone has the chance to win.

Sounds fantastic.

Dynamicnanny Fri 11-Jul-08 21:56:13

I like the dressing up race - might do that - Just making up some certificates with their names on then will have to buy some cheap medals or gold coins

nancy75 Fri 11-Jul-08 22:03:03

we had sports day today, had egg and spoon race, balance bean bag on head race, running race and little obsticle course - they went through a little tunnel, picked up hula hoop put over their head and then had to throw bean bag into a bucket.
they split the kids into groups of 4 so all the littlest ones got a chance,
dd is nearly 3 and enjoyed it so much you would have thought she had got gold in the olympics!grin

Whizzz Fri 11-Jul-08 22:04:47

not so far - been rained off 4 times.
They do team events - dribbling footballs round cones, throwing bean bags into hoops etc

Whizzz Fri 11-Jul-08 22:05:22

oops sorry - just seen this was pre-school!

Dynamicnanny Fri 11-Jul-08 22:21:36

It's OK whizz - I like the beanbag throwing - might have throw the teddy wink will have 3 4 year olds 3 3 year olds and 3 2 year olds!!

Ledodgy Fri 11-Jul-08 22:22:18

It was meant ot be today but was cancelled due to the bad weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now