Talk

Advanced search

Siblings (not twins) in same class in pre-school?

(9 Posts)
Woolfey Fri 07-Feb-14 11:33:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Daykin Fri 07-Feb-14 11:36:57

I think it's fine, it's only for a year at pre-school. I had sisters in my year in Secondary school. The eldest was in my class. She could be a bit patronising towards the youngest tbh, but they were teenagers.

YoHoHoandabottleofWine Fri 07-Feb-14 11:41:27

My DSs go to 2 nurseries (one for two days, another for two days). In one nursery they are in the same class (only one class for all ages) in another than are in different classes.

They love being in the same room. DS2 has done the pre-school activities from 18m as he always wanted to be with DS1, and DS1 never had a problem with that. although DS1 went through a phase of being upset when DS2 started to sit and play with his own friends.

If they were at home they would be together all day, even when having friends round, so I don't see it as a problem.

However I am also glad DS1 has some time without DS2 at the other nursery as otherwise he might have struggled to be independent when DS1 starts school in Sept.

Woolfey Fri 07-Feb-14 11:52:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SofaKing Fri 07-Feb-14 12:00:35

I had this, there is 18 months between ds1 and dd, so for a year they were in the same pre-school class. I think it was better as dd wanted to go to pre-school because ds1 did, so she wasn't nervous and didn't have any problem settling in. She also enjoyed being queen bee once her brother had moved up to school.

I actually feel sorrier for ds2 because he will be at nursery on his own, unlike the other two! Fortunately his best friend will be going too so he will have someone he knows there already.

IglooisnowinSheffield Fri 07-Feb-14 12:08:57

I will have this next year but hadn't considered it, although when they go to school all three will be in the same class! Tiny school, composite classes!

WoodBurnerBabe Fri 07-Feb-14 12:22:00

Our primary school has composite classes, so siblings who are only 1 year apart twirl spend 3 out of their school years in a class together. My DD's class has 4 sets of twins and 2 sibling pairs out of 29 children. I don't think it's ever been much of an issue to be honest... They will have their own friends and interests.

BackforGood Fri 07-Feb-14 12:25:37

It'll be fine.
I taught sibling who were 11 months apart, and in the same school year. smile
They coped - got fed up of explaining they weren't twins, but it didn't scar them

CouthyMow Sun 09-Feb-14 04:09:50

Best one I know of was my dear friend, who had two sets of twins, 11 months apart, first set born in September one year, the next set born preemie in the August of the following year.

All four are in the same school year!

They are now in Y11, and are all going to different colleges - well, one of the older set of twins and one of the younger set of twins are going to the local 6th form college, but are doing very different a-levels, one is going to do animal husbandry at a different college, and another is doing Health and Beauty at yet another college.

It's been great for her, though it was a little stressful getting Reception places and Secondary places - taking up 4/30 spaces in a class was rather unusual!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now