Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bite relief

(10 Posts)
Thomcat Mon 18-Jul-05 21:18:26

When you're pregnant can you use insect bite relief cream?
It says on back, the usual - 'seek medical advice before use' but I really don 't want to bother a GP if you girls can tell me.
Ta muchly, TC x
PS - Have 4 on my boob (nice!), 3 on my right arm, 2 on left and 3 on leg and they are waking me up at night itching, bloody buggeery mossies!

Thomcat Mon 18-Jul-05 21:41:46

Don't make me go to bed without cream when I am allowed to use it really, please.

gingerbear Mon 18-Jul-05 21:44:18

I used antisan cream when PG. Aloe vera gel supposed to be good (bit late for Boots though now.)

katymac Mon 18-Jul-05 21:45:12

I don't know Thomcat - sorry

Can you use either teatree or lavender oil if your pregnant? They are nice on bites

Not much help.....sorry

Redhelen Mon 18-Jul-05 21:45:37

I Would say use it if you are over 25 eeks pregnanat as baby developed and growing. If under 25 Weeks - I'm unsure - my instinct would be to use it - but I'm no doctor and I've no idea what could be in the cream! Sorry!!!

Thomcat Mon 18-Jul-05 21:59:32

Hmmm, okay, well I'll use teatree for now and check it with a pharmacist tomorrow.

katymac Tue 19-Jul-05 14:03:26

Are you still itching?

Thomcat Tue 19-Jul-05 20:36:26

Yes I am a bit, have a new one on my ankle and off on holiday tomorrow so will be collecting a few more no doubt!

WigWamBam Tue 19-Jul-05 20:38:45

Try a paste of bicarbonate of soda and water.

Thomcat Tue 19-Jul-05 21:14:12

Thanks WWB, xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: