Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody found their third pregnancy easy after difficult or traumatic earlier pregnancies

(3 Posts)
iwantitnow Tue 20-Oct-09 21:06:10

I have two children 3 and 7 months. My first pregnancy I had dreadful morning sickness until 20 weeks but then was fine but did not feel comfortable or well but had a very large baby and I'm very petite.

2nd pregnancy I had morning sickness from week 3 of the pregnancy until 38 weeks, was nearly hospitalised due to the sickness. I had flu on and off for about 8 weeeks. Lost some waters at 33 weeks. I was in and out of hospital and was quite relieved when I had my elective CS and DS was fine.

Contemplating - probably madly to have a third pregnancy. Am I likely to suffer even worse morning sickness or more complications. Could it be because I am heading towards 40 that I had such bad pregnancies.

I have never enjoyed being pregnant but I love children. DH says he doesnt want me to go through what I went through last time again.

Could my third pregnancy be the wonderful experience others have. I really feel like I have missed out. Only good thing is that I conceive very easily.

beautifulgirls Wed 21-Oct-09 09:25:08

First pregnancy - sick weeks 4-12 and a little towards the end - felt pants at the time but ok in those middle weeks. (DD#1)
Second pregnancy - sick weeks 4-16 and 24-40 landed up in hospital about 26 weeks for iv fluids and all that fun. (DD#2)
Third pregnancy - sick weeks 6-12 and very occasional nausea now and again in between but generally a lot better than with second pregnancy and much more comparable to my first pregnancy. No idea of gender of baby, have a couple of weeks left to go.

So - there is no specific pattern to subsequent pregnancies being definately worse. I think it is down to "luck" for some women if you do better or worse. Have you considered chatting this through with your doctor before you make a decision about getting pregnant again so that you know what help might be available to you from early on if you are getting sick?

prettyinpunk Wed 21-Oct-09 12:56:57

PG1 - nausea all day weeks 6-13
PG2 - nausea all day weeks 6-13/14
PG3 - nausea all day weeks 6-13/14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now