Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rather yucky issue I'm afraid...

(10 Posts)
first1 Tue 20-Oct-09 17:02:14

Really sorry to bring up such a yucky topic. Especially for those of you all suffering enough with nausea! Im 10+1 and been having pretty heavy discharge on and off since I had the positive tests (all 6 of them!)blush. I mentioned it to MW at booking appt and also to the sonograher at 10week scan but neither of them seemed to bat an eyelid. This is my first pregnancy so don't know if this is normal and whether or not it'll slow down, or do I have this pleasure for the next 30weeks? Sorry again!

LowLevelWhingeing Tue 20-Oct-09 17:04:51

Yep completely normal. I suddenly saw the point of 'panty liners' <shudder at the phrase>

Enjoy! smile

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 20-Oct-09 17:07:55

Ooh yes, leaving lovely white marks in yer knicks? Gorgeous isn't it?! hmm

I have found (am 15 weeks with no.4) that it is heavier some days more than others, and as mentioned, glamorous pantyliners help.

The past couple of days I have been ok, but am expecting it to pick up again soon.

The joy!

hoops997 Tue 20-Oct-09 17:09:11

hello, yep with you on this, I have had this since finding out, and now I'm 16 weeks and it's getting bloody worse!! Getting through a pack of panty liners a week!!

I was told by my MW this is perfectly normal but if it starts to smell bad or changes colour to phone her cause it could be the start of an infection....uuurrrggghhhh!!

first1 Tue 20-Oct-09 17:37:13

Oh fab thanks ladies! You've all definitely reassured me. Time to hit superdrug for some oh so sexy pantyliners!

Claire236 Tue 20-Oct-09 18:22:07

I had been having the same problem & assumed it was normal. I then started bleeding & ended up spending a week in hospital due to an infection. I had no symptoms other than a heavy discharge which I didn't think was anything to worry about as it was white & didn't smell. I don't want to worry anyone but if I'd got it checked out sooner it would have saved me being admitted to hospital at 27 weeks & then signed off work ever since due to the possibility of premature labour.

ginnybag Thu 22-Oct-09 14:13:50

Yeah, it's normal and often it gets worse the more pregnant you get.

That said, the golden rule of pregnancy is 'if you're worried, get it checked!' There is no such thing as a stupid question or an unfounded concern, especially if it's a first pregnancy!

ReneRusso Thu 22-Oct-09 23:44:28

yes, pregnancy is a gunky time I'm afraid

whensmydayoff Fri 30-Oct-09 09:33:52

Yes had same with last one and same this time.

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 09:39:13

thrush

bet you a tenner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now