Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pins and needles in hand

(4 Posts)
bettybets Thu 06-Aug-09 19:12:12

I'm 38 + 3 and have been waking up at night with really bad pins and needles in my right hand, i've been really cautious of not sleeping on it, and today its really sore and weak, i only have a minimal amount of swelling to my hands, you cant really notice.

Any advice?

mogend77 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:15:30

Hmmm - it might be too late to get splints particularly through the NHS but if you can get your hands on them they do help. My carpal tunnel hasn't been as bad so far this time, but last time it drove me mad & the splints I got definitely helped. I saw my GP and they gave me an urgent referral to orthotics due to pregnancy as normally it takes weeks (here at least). I seem to remember it was very speedy actually, but whether it would have been worth it at 38 weeks I'm not sure.

It should resolve itself straight away when you give birth.

kormachameleon Thu 06-Aug-09 19:16:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

raindroprhyme Thu 06-Aug-09 19:46:48

i am 14weeks and get pins and needles on one side of my face and pain in my hand and wrist on the same side could this be carpal tunnel do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now