Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Beginning of a bump at barely 8 weeks?

(23 Posts)
Ceasnake Wed 05-Aug-09 10:33:18

Hello everyone, first-timer here.

I'm 7+5 and I think I can already discern a difference in the profile of my stomach. Surely it's too early to be showing yet? It's not a huge difference but my partner commented on it yesterday as well, so I don't think it's my imagination. I'm about 5' 7", size 10, weighed in at 8.5 stone at the midwife's appointment on Monday. It's my first baby.

Has anyone else had this? Or do I just have incredible lax stomach muscles? grin

LadyoftheBathtub Wed 05-Aug-09 10:36:38

Ha I have just this very second posted my own thread about having a bump at 7 weeks! It's my second and I think it's less likely with your first, but possible. I have read that in early pregnancy your bowels can get bloated and that contributes to an early "bump" (though mine is a bit big for that).

Thandeka Wed 05-Aug-09 10:48:17

Yup I had a bump from then too but think I was the only one who could see it!

RedDeadFail Wed 05-Aug-09 10:51:53

Yup, was the same with my first. Colleagues noticed at 7 weeks. Was a slim size 10 and was in maternity clothes at 11 weeks.

It slowed down, just an early shower I think. Was a singleton normal pregnancy.

MrsSnow Wed 05-Aug-09 10:52:24

Hi
I'm 8+3 and I show already!

I can't cope with anything on my stomach, it feels too soon to buy maternity clothes but already feel that I can't wear half my clothes due to protruding belly!

laughalot Wed 05-Aug-09 10:54:36

Twims maybe grin

blametheparents Wed 05-Aug-09 10:56:14

Or Triplets!

(Have you fainted yet! smile)

I'm sure all will be fine, you are quite slim anyway so wil show earlier

Ceasnake Wed 05-Aug-09 11:05:23

Thanks, blametheparents, have just picked myself up from the floor! Heh heh. Twins do run in the family but I am resolutely ignoring that fact for the moment...

Thanks for all the responses - so quickly too.

ErikaMaye Wed 05-Aug-09 11:31:09

I started to develop a bump at about then... I thought it was totally crazy, but hey

Don't worry about the twins too much - My mums a twin, both her parents were twins, and her maternal Grandmother, and I've just got one in there grin

Congrats to you all

Ceasnake Wed 05-Aug-09 11:44:06

Thanks Erika, your words are of some comfort grin. Congrats to all too

mogend77 Wed 05-Aug-09 13:10:53

First time round I noticed trousers feeling strained & tummy feeling firmer from about 7 weeks, but popped out with an obvious bump at 11 weeks. This time (very bad tummy muscles which were just recovering from a sprain!) I popped out at 8+5 (the same day that I astonishingly felt lo move) having again felt sort of strained & firmer from about 6/7 weeks. I think initially wind, your digestion slowing down & just eating more due to nausea can make things feel tighter there almost from the word go but you can definiely pop out early if your tummy muscles leave something to be desired!

fiziwizzle Wed 05-Aug-09 16:35:54

I'm 13+3 and people have been commenting on my 'bump' for about three weeks. It seems to grow throughout the day though, I start with a pretty flat stomach and by the end of the day I have a pronounced 'bump'. I'm putting it down to the fact that I am eating far more than I usually would, as I'm constantly starving, and also have developed an insanely sweet tooth hmm which is as far as I'm concerned a great excuse to eat lots of cake. I was a slim size 10 before I started eating for England.

Meglet Wed 05-Aug-09 16:42:01

ceasnake I was about the same height and weight as you when I had my first dc and despite having good muscles my tummy plumped out very early. I was comfier in maternity clothes by 10 weeks both times.

Although I will be watching with interest if twins run in your family smile.

Mouette Wed 05-Aug-09 16:57:03

I had a small bump at 8 weeks, noticeable under tight clothes. It's not abnormal. smile

Mouette Wed 05-Aug-09 16:57:34

It wasn't twins. grin

Ceasnake Wed 05-Aug-09 16:59:14

Feck, please - no twins. NO TWINS!

ErikaMaye Wed 05-Aug-09 19:05:51

Haha!!! Sorry I don't mean to laugh, but your comment above could have been written by me in the preperation for my first scan! grin

KnockedUpDelf Wed 05-Aug-09 19:11:32

My jeans are tight (just across the tum).

I am 7 weeks.

mumbot Wed 05-Aug-09 19:42:26

At 9 weeks I look like I did at 20 weeks with ds1!!!

Running out of clothes v fast shock

TakeLovingChances Wed 05-Aug-09 20:03:32

I am glad I'm not alone in this!

I'm 10 weeks and like having an early bump.

T

bubblesincambridge Thu 06-Aug-09 12:01:10

Me too, no twins. I think if you are slim to start with, everything shows up more, because there is no where for anything to hide. Also bloating makes it worse.

SCH Fri 07-Aug-09 21:09:35

Im 8weeks and convinced everyone has guessed already - dont think I'll be ale to keep it quiet till the scan!!!

designerbaby Fri 07-Aug-09 22:07:27

IME?

It's water retention + wind + slower bowel.

Lovely.

db
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now