Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be pregnant?

(29 Posts)
imshaking Fri 20-May-05 12:57:14

I am shaking so much I can hardly type. I did a pg test 4 weeks ago which was neg and DH and I were so relieved. We are at a stage in our lives when another baby was not in the picture. All our other children are of school going age and after bouts of stress and unhappiness over the last few years I was just beginning to see a rosier garden.

Today for some reason I just can't get out of my head that the test could have been a false neg. I always knew early in previous pregnancies that I was pregnant without testing with symptoms of chronic fatigue, metallic taste in my mouth, things tasting differently.

It just dawned on me today that 1. I have been extremely tired over the last few weeks 2. I have a metallic taste in mouth (had put it down to change in toothpaste) and 3. some things taste different.

I have not had an AF for many months which is not unusual for me.

Just did a pg test but because I was a total bag of nerves it didn't read properly.

How long before I can do another one? When I next go to the toilet?

How do I tell DH if I am?

Titania Fri 20-May-05 13:00:18

aw hun. have you got another test you could do? most of them you can do at any time of the day. {{{HUGS}}} Do you have reason to think you could be then? ie had unprotected sex?

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 13:06:28

I reckon you could do another test straight away if you have one, and a full enough bladder! Good luck! x

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 13:08:05

I think I have another but will have to wait a while. If I am I shouldn't be because my method of contraception should have worked but have heard of cases of people getting pregnant using the coil before. Just discovered it is lunch time so will nip to the pharmacy around the corner. Keep your fingers that it is only imagination.

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 13:08:48

Got fingers crossed, and the mind can play horrid tricks.

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 13:08:50

fingers crossed! rather

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 13:10:06

If I drink more water now will that work or am I better to let bladder fill of its own accord?

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 13:11:42

Think if you over fill bladder it can water down the hormones so may make it unreliable. I would let it fill naturally

smellymelly Fri 20-May-05 13:14:22

If you are def pregnant it should still read it, but I would hold off on drinking any more water, and go to the toilet when you feel the need. Make sure you only hold the test in your wee for as long as it says so you do not water the result down that way.
I hope you get the result you want.

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 13:17:12

If you are shaking too much how about wee'ing into a pot or something and dipping test in, rather than trying to hold it under teh stream

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 13:18:16

The one I used was a digital clearblue one but I stupidly forgot to remove the last cartridge so thats why I think it may have not read.

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 13:19:35

Thats what I did Pinkmama and the instructions say that I may have held in for too long or not long enough. I will come back later when I know. Pleeeeeeease let it be the right result.

ChaCha Fri 20-May-05 13:26:17

Good Luck!

smellymelly Fri 20-May-05 13:36:22

Hi Chacha - you ok?

Sorry imshaking.. just while we are waiting.

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 14:11:56

Sorry Smelly you will have to wait a bit longer. What am I like two tests with two errors but it must be something I'm doing wrong. Bloody tests. So I am going to wait till I get home and do it the comfort of my own bathroom and not huddled in the staff toilets. Guess I will just have to shake a bit longer

smellymelly Fri 20-May-05 14:17:04

bloomin hec, girl!!

pinkmama Fri 20-May-05 14:17:11

Oh god, poor you! Let us know how it goes later.

ChaCha Fri 20-May-05 14:59:14

Hi Smellymelly
How r u? I'm still surviving the m/s!

sweetkitty Fri 20-May-05 15:42:08

if you are at home pee in a jag or a cup much easier then you can retest immediately

Enthusia Fri 20-May-05 16:30:28

Sweetkitty - Wouldn't pee in a jag if I were you, the owner might not approve of the smell on his seats!!!!

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 17:03:50

and the result is.........................

I can stop shaking now and guess I need to go out and buy a couple of nice bottles of red wine to get rid of this metallic taste whatever is causing it.

Thanks for the company.

Looks like I won't be joining the AnteNatal Club

This is such a huge relief to me.

desperatehousewife Fri 20-May-05 17:06:45

congrats!

smellymelly Fri 20-May-05 17:26:54

I'm glad you got the result you wanted!! Af will probably come with a vengeance now.

Chacha - what is m/s? My brain has been mushed by twins!

ChaCha Fri 20-May-05 17:43:47

Sorry smelly - morning sickness! How old are your twins?

LOL at enthusia ha haaaaa!

Glad you got the result you were hoping for...whopee!

imshaking Fri 20-May-05 18:10:44

Now I am celebrating with a large red wine. Children are at friends and DH will be home at 7ish. I don't think I will even tell him what I have been up to.

<wipes sweat from brow>

Cheers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now