Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

could something be wrong?

(6 Posts)
jaynel Fri 17-Jul-09 14:24:15

Hi, i found out last week i was 6 weeks pregnant, i have very tender breasts and feel sick all the time, last night i started to feel unwell and had lower back ache and period pains, even a stabbing pain in my lower abdo at times, today i cant stand up without feeling dizzy and being sick, i still have light period pains, when i cough it hurts and a i know it sounds strange but my tummy is kinda fluttering, obviously not the baby as far to early. im very worried as i have a cyst on my ovary and was told by my GP im not ovulating. could i be losing the baby?

jaynel Fri 17-Jul-09 14:36:30

sydneysuze Fri 17-Jul-09 14:40:39

Hi jaynel you poor thing, you must be so worried. I'd phone your nearest hospital and see if they have an Early Pregnancy Unit that will see you for a scan - at 6 weeks they may be able to see if you have an embryo in the right place and hopefully reassure you.

itsalwaysthequietones Fri 17-Jul-09 14:41:32

No helpful answer for you really, just bumping. I'd say speak to your GP. All sorts of aches and pains happen in early pregnancy so it could all be fine and the fact that you haven't had any bleeding yet is a good sign. tender breasts, sickness and dizziness all "good" signs too. I also have a large cyst on one ovary, which sometimes give me some pain but had it throughout my last pregnancy without it causing any problems. have a chat with your GP and they might refer you for a scan but if you can wait a little while because at 6 weeks you might not see a heartbeat yet, which will only be an added worry

itsalwaysthequietones Fri 17-Jul-09 14:43:58

sorry, xpost with sydneysuze - good point re EPU, a GP would prob just refer you to them anyway

jaynel Fri 17-Jul-09 14:44:01

thank you, im so anxious as i dont even have a midwife yet i had 2 fill out a form and she will ring me. im hoping its just a bug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now