Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Complementary therapies in pregnancy - what have you tried? Any good?

(12 Posts)
GentlyDoingIt Fri 10-Jul-09 18:45:10

I'm thinking about trying acupuncture for the first time if my baby is breech/transverse.

Has anyone else tried this?

Any other therapy in pregnancy stories to share? I'd like to hear about things that worked, things that weren't such a good idea, and things that just relieved you of £50!

olivo Fri 10-Jul-09 19:01:47

acupuncture has got me through weeks of morning sickness, a huge enrgy slump and spd so far. in my lst pg, it helped with pupps too.
i've also been ot eh chiropractor to help with spd and hip pain and its been brilliant.

i'd go for it if you can, it is expensive but worth it imo.

GentlyDoingIt Fri 10-Jul-09 19:08:36

Thanks olivio! What are pupps though?

poppy34 Fri 10-Jul-09 19:12:19

Agree with olivo re acupuncture- also helped induce me and as pain relief in labour

olivo Fri 10-Jul-09 19:16:19

pupps is a type of pregnancy rash, caused by hormones i think - i was itchy from my beck down and it was torture! acupuncture helped take the heat out of the itching, which had me in tears most days and every night.

olivo Fri 10-Jul-09 19:17:16

oops, my neck, that is!!

Yorky Fri 10-Jul-09 19:35:05

I really enjoyed reflexology, very relaxing if nothing else! DD was born within 24hrs of my last treatment but I don't know how much credit to give the reflexologist. Never had spd or morning sickness so can't give it rave reviews

olivo Fri 10-Jul-09 19:40:30

ooh, yes, i forgot, i had reflexology too, to bring it on with dd. very relaxing!

mosschops30 Fri 10-Jul-09 19:43:23

I have seen the same therapist for about 11 years now and she treated me with aromatherapy, head massage, reiki and crystals in my last pregnancy and is also treating me through this one.
TBH I just enjoy the relaxation of it all, she massages the bump also and gives me oil to rub on bump every night.

Qally Sat 11-Jul-09 03:28:02

Indian head massage. Helped with nausea, migraines and tension. Bliss.

GentlyDoingIt Sat 11-Jul-09 19:26:56

mmm I am feeling relaxed just hearing about these, thank you all!

olivio I think I had pupps around the 20 week mark then - had an unbearably itchy scalp and back of neck. It cleared up after pouring some olive oil on it (although my hair was a bit Peter Andre for a week afterwards!)

Heathcliffscathy Sat 11-Jul-09 19:31:35

acupuncture. excellent for morning sickness and just general wellbeing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now