Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dull ache lower down

(4 Posts)
bettybets Wed 17-Jun-09 11:36:37

Hi there,

30 weeks preg, had a bad night last night. I feel like someone has kicked me in my lady parts, ouch! A dull nagging pain. The pain is not inside. Suppose pubic area and slightly lower down.

Any idea what it could be?

cornflakegirl Wed 17-Jun-09 13:19:44

SPD? The pain for me is generally in the front of my pelvis, but sometimes seems to be in my labia.

bettybets Wed 17-Jun-09 13:24:38

Should i mention it to my midwife next time i'm there? Its not bad enough to take pain killers, just an annoying ache

cornflakegirl Wed 17-Jun-09 13:41:24

Well, when I told my (otherwise very lovely) midwife that I thought I had SPD, she just asked if it was stopping me doing anything. It wasn't, and she didn't ask any questions to ascertain whether my self-diagnosis was correct. I've since got myself a physio referral - the pain's nowhere near as bad as some people on here, but I don't want to take the risk that it gets worse, and then not be able to actually get an appointment.

So I would say worth mentioning, but I wouldn't necessarily expect any notice taken.

There's some useful advice in the Pregnancy section on SPD dos and don'ts. Mine seems to have improved since I started sleeping with a pillow between my knees - don't know if that's coincidental.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now