Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am I pregnant again after miscarriage?

(6 Posts)
worriedofsurrey Wed 16-Mar-05 14:31:21

hello, waiting to hear back from the doctor today and going a bit mad... I miscarried at the end of Jan (about 6 weeks pregnant). I have taken 3 pregnancy tests since friday last week and all are positive. yesterday I started bleeding heavily. Now I don't know if the tests were positive because I had pregancy hormone left from the last pregnancy (I had a D&C on the 28th Jan)and this is just my first heavy period... OR... I am pregnant again and miscarrying... OR I am pregnant and bleeding but there could still be hope. Anyone have similar experiences of pregnancy after miscarriage?

kid Wed 16-Mar-05 14:33:46

Not had a similar experaince, but just wanted to wish you luck and hope you hear from the Dr soon. xxx

expatinscotland Wed 16-Mar-05 14:37:18

Take another test and call the midwife. I had a blood test after D&C at 10 weeks (fetus stopped developing at 8 weeks) to make sure there was no more pregnancy hormone left in my body - I guess to be sure the D&C was successful at clearing the miscarriage.

worriedofsurrey Wed 16-Mar-05 14:42:38

Thank you both. how long after the D&C did they do your blood test? And had the hormone all gone? I don't know if it's possible for it to still be here after 6 weeks and different doctors are telling me different things. I don't have a midwife but my doctor was going to check with the hospital and call me back. I think he might want me to have a scan.

pindy Wed 16-Mar-05 14:43:48

Hi - slightly different to you - but after I lost my daughter I had the heaviest period you could imagine. It was horrible. The doc said it was just the body getting back to normal. After that one everythig calmed down and I fell pregnant the following month! Good luck.

expatinscotland Wed 16-Mar-05 14:59:57

I had a blood sample taken a fortnight after the D&C. I didn't have very heavy bleeding after D&C, but I went back on the Pill so I didn't get a heavy period after the miscarriage. I had the D&C b/c although the fetus stopped developing, my body did not spontaneously abort it, so I needed a D&C.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: