Ok before I start please excuse the rant! I saw my midwife on Weds for my second appoint. As before she was v brief but on being told we didn't have the nucal scan (shouldn't she know this as we did have the dating scan and I was told I couldn't have both?) said i need to decide if i want the triple test. I am 18 weeks pregnant and away for the 1st week november. So basically it would have to be done next week as a rush job. Also I have read that if there is a problem the amnio also needs to be done by 19weeks so feels like i am out of time anyway? Not sure how long the test takes to come back and really don't want amnio so close to going away. Confused and cross and can't get through to maternity unit anyway to check /book either... Anyone got any helpful advice? grrrrr...
why did you not want the nuchal scan? (if you don't mind me asking)
You don't have to have it you know.... i have had 5 dc and never had the triple test. I had the opinion that it wouldn't change anything.....I would probably not have had an amnio eben if the chances of abnormality came back high, so it seemed like a waste of time and resources to me!
Thanks Cazboldy. I didn't have nuchal for the reasons you describe, we didn't think we would change anything for downs result. However dh now decided he wants tests done as picks up wider abnormalitys (i'm not so keen as feel same as you re amnio) hence panic stations!
Apparently its ok to have it till 20 weeks so would be a rush job next week before we go away. Since posting I have spoken to nice midwife at hospital and made executive decision not to have it. 20 weeks scan is 2 weeks today and will answer lots of questions dh has and i really don't feel v happy about having an amnio if results poor. we keep disagreeing on everything (blood tests, knowing what flavour it is!), my email to him (he isn't answering his phone) was written to allow no argument... oh dear bit grumpy today.. poor dh. thanks all for responses..