Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

best way to wipe clean soft baby activity toys that cant be washed

(6 Posts)
tinkisgoingtohaveapumpkin Sun 19-Oct-08 10:47:01

hi

wanted to clean toys to make them hygiencic for new baby that dd had

screamscreamstagger Sun 19-Oct-08 11:03:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Josie3 Sun 19-Oct-08 11:05:16

We've just done this. I wiped the toys with hot water mixed with a little washing up liquid and a teeny tiny bit of bleach (I mean miniscule - just made me feel better) and then when they had dried put them in the freezer for 24 hours - this kills all the bacteria and germs.

Stinkyfeet Sun 19-Oct-08 11:13:58

Would also put them in the machine on a handwash cycle, or wool or delicates if you haven't got a handwash one.

UmSami Mon 20-Oct-08 01:43:01

OH i have this prob too...got one of those caterpillars that plays music and counts when you push buttons...know which i mean? How do i clean it? Any ideas...sorry to borrow thread!

dan39 Wed 22-Oct-08 20:43:19

For any stuff with buttons, you can use wipes (like baby wipes) to clean. But I am not sure if you mean purely soft toys? In which case I would chuck everything in a handwash/delicates cycle...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: