Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sleep support cushion - where to buy

(11 Posts)
kazbeth Thu 25-Sep-08 19:05:08

I've seen a support cushion somewhere either online or in a baby/pregnancy related catalogue but can't for the life of me find it again. I'm hoping someone here could help me please.

It's a small cushion that fits between your knees and I think it had a strap so it would stay put when you turn over in bed. I thought it was somewhere like mothercare but can't find it there.

I've tried using a normal cushion and pillow but they end up on the floor and the big maternity pillows are a pain to move from one side to the other - it's hard enough at the moment for roll over with hip and pelvic pain so want things to be as easy as possible.

Thanks

Bluebutterfly Thu 25-Sep-08 19:07:11

I got mine at John Lewis' nursery dept (was 4 years ago, but I am sure that stuff doesn't change too often.

Bluebutterfly Thu 25-Sep-08 19:08:46

Mine was like this, though, it worked as a breastfeeding support pillow too!

here

hotmama Thu 25-Sep-08 19:09:57

I've got a small wedge pillow that I put under my bump - if this what you mean. Got it from Mothercare think it cost about £10 - bargain as I am now using it for my 3rd pregnancy!

I just use a normal pillow between my knees! HTH

kazbeth Thu 25-Sep-08 19:11:51

Thanks, I have one of those big 'v' ones but it's just difficult to swap sides with it so it just kept ending up on the floor or taking up half the bed with me nowhere near it - am I just a wriggly sleeper

Bluebutterfly Thu 25-Sep-08 19:12:12

There is one called the Pregnancy Wedge Pillow from Prince Lionheart

at the bottom of this site

kazbeth Thu 25-Sep-08 19:15:10

Thanks hotmama but it's not a wedge one either - I just needed it for between my knees to help with the hip pain I've been getting not for my bump.

Now I'm thinking I must have imagined this.

kazbeth Thu 25-Sep-08 19:25:11

Sorry, Bluebutterfly - crossed posts there. Thanks for looking for me, it's much appreciated I think I must be going a bit mad then either that or it was so long ago I saw this that it's not sold anymore.

Those that have used normal pillows or the big v type ones can I ask how you manage to roll over at night with them? Do you take them with you or do you have one on each side of you?

Thanks

Bluebutterfly Thu 25-Sep-08 19:35:11

kazbeth - no probs grin

With the big V one I used to roll over with it, but hugging it as I turned. But, tbh, by the end of pregnancy I wasn't sleeping that well anyway and I don't think that there was very much short of having the baby that would have made much difference to comfort, sorry sad

Still, I remember the bliss of the night, a few days after ds's birth, when I slept stretched out on my tummy for the first time. My whole body just felt soooo relaxed and stretched out. Not even my favourite sleeping position, but after 8 months of avoiding/being unable to sleep tummy down, wow, it was wonderful! smile

Bluebutterfly Thu 25-Sep-08 19:37:39

Btw if you have really bad, chronic hip or pelvic pain, make a big fuss about it with your gp... you may get an assessment to see a physio who can give you some advice about good exercises and positions to avoid etc...

kazbeth Thu 25-Sep-08 19:49:48

I went to see the midwife today and she's given me the number for the physio so hopefully the waiting list isn't too long. The pain is already god awful and I'm only 27 weeks! Night time is the worst though and I just can't get comfy at all and it's only going to get worse isn't it! I remember it from last time when I got so big my husband said I needed a snow shovel to turn me over lol - cheeky git but he had a point grin I also remember that relief of being able to sleep after the birth - albeit in 2 hours stints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now