Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do I need to see a doctor tonight or wait and see?

(15 Posts)
suiledonn Tue 09-Sep-08 20:15:08

Hi, I'm 31 weeks pregnant and woke up this morning feeling poorly. For the last few hours I have a nagging headache, stomach pains, shivering and feel nauseous on and off. DH won't be home for several hours so if I want to see someone have to make a decision soon while MIL is available to take dd.

Twiglett Tue 09-Sep-08 20:16:51

sounds like you've got flu

Jenski Tue 09-Sep-08 20:19:25

see a dr just in case.

suiledonn Tue 09-Sep-08 20:26:57

Feel fuzzy headed not thinking very clearly. Don't usually suffer from headaches and don't know if it could be a sign of something pregnancy related.

Twiglett Tue 09-Sep-08 20:28:38

if you are concerned see a doctor

funnypeculiar Tue 09-Sep-08 20:28:56

Could you try ringing NHS Direct? They tend to be very helpful for this sort of thing...
Hope you feel better soon smile

WingsofaAngel Tue 09-Sep-08 20:30:01

I would get it checked out. Have you got any disturbance to your sight.

Shelli08 Tue 09-Sep-08 20:32:09

Hi it maybe the time of year when all colds/coughs are coming out and when your pregnant you more prone to catching flu, id speak to a midwife or nhs direct for reassurance though 0845 4647 x

Have you tried paracetamol?

Dorchies Tue 09-Sep-08 20:39:00

I'd give your midwive unit a ring - they are so helpful and better to get it checked.

crokky Tue 09-Sep-08 20:39:29

I'd ring the delivery suite of your hospital and ask their advice. You'll get through to a MW straight away.

diddle Tue 09-Sep-08 20:45:25

definitly ring just to be sure, its not worht taking any risks, even if its nothing and you feel really stupid after arranging childcare etc.

Have you called anyone yet?

mum2ds1 Tue 09-Sep-08 20:48:47

call either nhs direct , your on call doc or maternity ward
just to be on the safe side
hope u feel better soon
x

suiledonn Wed 10-Sep-08 09:05:15

Thanks everyone. Spoke to a midwife who said it sounds like flu. I think the headache is sinus related as feeling really blocked up this morning. Have to have paracetamol and plenty of fluids. Would love a day in bed but with a toddler don't think that is going to happen.

fernie3 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:10:53

hi
I would take the duvet downstairs shut the living room door and put cbeebies on. that is how I cope when I am ill, my kids dont normally watch ALOT of tv but when I am ill I admit to using it to keep them quiet!

sophie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now