Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone not had morning sickness until near the end?

(14 Posts)
mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 16:04:11

I haven't had any nausea or ms to speak of at all until my 35th week. Been feeling sick in the morning for the past few days and threw up this morning. 36 weeks on Thursday.

Anyone else had this or am I just weird? :O

mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 16:53:05

hhmmm guess that's a no then...

bramblebooks Tue 19-Aug-08 16:59:46

Mum tells me she had this with my brother - reckoned he started kicking or squeezing up and that made her feel ill.

Have a chat with your mw - it's not an ear infection or anything like that is it? x

mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 17:13:59

thanks for replying, no, its def pregnancy sickness - came on suddenly and the nausea was gone as soon as I had finished throwing up.

elkiedee Tue 19-Aug-08 17:17:55

I had sickness throughout. Are you getting heartburn/acid?

mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 17:30:01

yeah, had that on and off most of the third trimester. What's odd is having no sickness at all then suddenly getting it in the last month...

rascal1979 Tue 19-Aug-08 17:39:03

don't want to worry you but 'heartburn' and vomiting can be signs of pre-eclampsia. Where is the heartburn? is it just under your ribs (ie epigastric pain) if so you should get yourself checked out asap.

Other signs and symptoms include;
Shoulder pain
Dark urine
Dizzyness
Lightheadedness
Swelling esp face

I had pre-eclampsia in Dec and thr only symptoms I had were nausea/vomiting and pain under my ribs, which I thought was heartburn.

You are probably fine but please do get checked out.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 19-Aug-08 17:42:12

i had morning sickness only in my last trimester with dd1 but was really bad, i could barely keep anything down.

with dd2 i had it all the way through. constant for the first trimester but not so bad after that.

agree re getting it checked out just incase though. its best to be safer.

rascal1979 Tue 19-Aug-08 17:48:19

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=49&threadid=440848#8923767

not sure if this link will weork but this is the thread that I started when I had my 'heartburn'

As I say don't want to worry you but if it is pre-eclampsia things can get worse very quickly so it is important that you get yourself checked out. Better to be safe than sorry x

mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 18:04:01

thanks for the warning - off to hospital for a GTT test tomorrow so will mention it then. Was checked for protein in urine and blood pressure last week so pre-eclampsia wasn't an issue then. The heartburn I have is fairly minimal and only mild acid really and the nausea is gone so I am not too worried.

rascal1979 Tue 19-Aug-08 18:11:43

Might still be worth a quick call to your midwife or labour ward. My pre-eclampsia literally came on over night. I was in pain all night with 'heartburn' then in the morning it had gone and I felt much better, I posted onhere and was advised to get checked out. By the time I got to hopsital an hour later my BP was 200/124 and it was a serious situation. I had NO signs of high BP and like you my previosu checks for protein a nd High BP were absolutely fine.

I really don't want to scare you but def think it's worth a call to make sure...

mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 18:21:12

will check my bp - I have a monitor here at home.

mrsboogie Tue 19-Aug-08 18:41:22

blimey - I read your thread rascal - how lucky was that?

I have had no pain like you described and only very mild burning in the throat which has now gone. Also bp is fine so I think I am ok waiting til tomorrow to mention the sickness

But I can see why you are so keen to warn others.

rascal1979 Tue 19-Aug-08 19:39:46

Hope everything is okay..if you BP is fine and the heartburn is in your throat - sounds okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now