Talk

Advanced search

If i do go in for the external cephalic version

(13 Posts)
biglips Mon 18-Aug-08 14:29:01

the appointment is at 9am....Will i able to have a breakfast before i go in?

biglips Mon 18-Aug-08 14:38:48

and how long in total where you in the hospital? (as my mum is going away on the same day and wants to go straight away as soon we are home but she gotta look after the kids at the hospital whilst im going in the room and i have no car but mum does)

biglips Mon 18-Aug-08 16:57:09

bump

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 18-Aug-08 17:00:31

Message withdrawn

biglips Mon 18-Aug-08 17:05:51

thanks Starlight smile

Tangle Mon 18-Aug-08 17:15:47

I think they like to keep you in for monitoring for an hour or so afterwards, just to make sure that the baby hasn't taken offence to the whole caboodle and wants out ASAP - there is a very small chance that you may need to stay in and have a CS.

Hope it goes well for you

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 18-Aug-08 17:17:49

Message withdrawn

biglips Mon 18-Aug-08 19:38:01

ill go and hang around there now! wink

grin

BetsyBoop Mon 18-Aug-08 20:08:28

I was told nothing to eat/drink after midnight - water okay until 6am - and my appointment wasn't until noon.....

It's just in case they need to do an em c/s - they might have to give you a GA if baby gets distressed (very rare, but it does happen)

they put you on the monitor for half an hour or so before to check bubs is okay & then put you on a drip to relax the uterus. Then the consultant checks baby's position with a mobile scan & does his bit (mine worked within a minute) & then they double check baby's position & monitor you again for about 30mins (I got brought tea & toast then, hurrah!)

so if the consultant is running to time should be no more than a couple of hours ish - but mine was tied up with an emergency & was 45mins late arriving...

biglips Tue 19-Aug-08 09:46:41

thank you Betsy as i gathered that a bowl of breakfast wont hurt as the consutltant didnt mention it.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 19-Aug-08 13:44:51

Message withdrawn

mears Tue 19-Aug-08 13:46:49

Best to phone hospital and ask as they will all have different policies.

Bettispaghetti Tue 19-Aug-08 18:29:46

i was told not to eat or drink anything after midnight (except water). I went in at 8:30 and spent most of morning hanging around. i eventually got out of the hospital around 2pm - the ECV only took a couple of minutes. The rest of the time was spent either waiting around or being monitored after the procedure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now