Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I just check whether this sounds like braxton hicks?

(7 Posts)
artichokes Sun 13-Jul-08 18:39:21

I am only 18 weeks pregnant but this afternoon I keep getting tighenings over my bump. My whole bump goes hard and the pressure is quite uncomfortable. They happen every 10 mins or so and last a few minutes.

I never had anything quite like this in my first pregnancy until I was in labour. Therefore I am slightly concerned but hoping that it is just braxton hicks.

What do you think?

MrsMagooo Sun 13-Jul-08 18:43:15

They sound like BH's to me hun.

BH's tend to be as you describe - uncomfortable as opposed to painful.

I find a nice bath or pottering about eases them

foxythesnowfox Sun 13-Jul-08 18:45:17

Have you been busy? I found that this would happen when I've been running around like a loon.

Put your feet up and see if they stop. They should. smile

reethi96 Sun 13-Jul-08 18:46:14

I started getting them at 16 weeks and I phoned the hospital in a panic because I thought that it meant I would go into premature labour. The maternity unit reassured me that lots of women get them very early on in pregnancy.

Mimsy2000 Sun 13-Jul-08 19:10:44

artichoke i am getting the same thing. i'm 24 weeks and didn't get them with my first, although i'm starting to think i'm just a bit more sensitive to things with this one....

artichokes Sun 13-Jul-08 19:14:51

Thanks for your reassurance everybody. It has been quite a busy day and they came on while I was taking DD swimming. I am resting now but they are still happening.

I hope they won't carry on for the next 22 weeks - not only are they uncomfortable but I feel like I can't have dinner because my tummy keeps getting squeezed!

babylove123 Mon 14-Jul-08 21:31:24

Hi,

Yep, sounds like them to me!

I'm 21 weeks and have had them a few times over the last week.........they're strange!

I wish labour was like them though, lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now