Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh, I'm going to sound mental but I'll say it anyways ...

(7 Posts)
Litterbug Wed 09-Jul-08 18:07:03

Ive been on the laptop for about an hour.

I keep getting kicking under my left rib, not actually under it as inside it, but about an inch below.

At first I thought It was just the way I was sat but i KEEP getting it, Ill be sat here then it will feel like pushing out against it!!

Am only 16 weeks!

Wouldn't think twice about it if i were 20+ weeks but surely its too early for that sort of movement!

Am not imagining it, it keeps doing it!

FrannyandZooey Wed 09-Jul-08 18:08:44

is it a kind of pushing out pain? could just be ribflare rather than actual kicking

I don't think the baby can be anywhere near your ribs yet but the sensation of them widening to make room can be quite uncomfortable

youcannotbeserious Wed 09-Jul-08 18:11:28

If your baby is kicking you at 16weeks, you are in for one helluva rough ride!!! grin

I had 'butterflies' by week 21-22 and by week 38, it was like living with a mini boxer!!!

grin

Litterbug Wed 09-Jul-08 18:15:24

I felt DS1 at 19 weeks

DS2 at 14 weeks

So Im guessing what I have been feeling is this baby at 16!

Litterbug Wed 09-Jul-08 18:16:38

I don't think it IS baby on this occasion the positioning just can't be right.

But have felt movement, flutters much lower down which I know are baby.

FrannyandZooey Wed 09-Jul-08 18:18:25

no you could certainly be feeling movements now, but your uterus won't be up by your ribs

piratecat Wed 09-Jul-08 18:18:46

i sometimes get that am not pg, it's like a muscle kick/twitch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now