Had a fall this morning.

(11 Posts)
TreeRoad Sun 02-May-21 10:34:11

Took the dog out for a walk around 7.15am this morning and she did the toilet down a little grassy slope. I was at the top and of course when I stepped to walk down and pick it up and slipped on the wet grass.

It rained all day yesterday and I guess it was early and still quite dewy outside this morning.

Anyway, it was a soft landing and I landed on my bum/back. No bump or contact with my abdomen at all. At the time I was just glad it’s a Sunday and there was nobody else around to see this blush but I’m worried I might have caused some harm to the baby.

I’m 8 + 5 and haven’t had any untoward cramps or bleeding since it happened.

I googled it and from what I read, things are well-protected in there, especially so early on when the baby is so small.

I guess I’m just looking for a bit of reassurance. I’m a FTM and so haven’t got any history of these things happening.

OP’s posts: |
Asiama Sun 02-May-21 10:42:21

You didn't land on your tummy and even if you did, at this stage you would be fine smile

PurpleFlower1983 Sun 02-May-21 11:12:45

I fell down the bottom three stairs at 10 weeks and landed hard on my bum/back. Everything was fine, baby is really well protected at those early stages.

TreeRoad Sun 02-May-21 11:36:16

Thanks, both.

Ouch! That sounds sore. Glad everything was okay @PurpleFlower1983

OP’s posts: |
buckingmad Mon 03-May-21 06:21:11

I fell off my horse at about 6 weeks (didn’t know I was pregnant yet!) and am currently 27 weeks and all good!

whoopsicle Mon 03-May-21 06:48:51

I fell down the stairs (at least 8 steps) when I was 36 weeks and baby was fine. Our bodies are a lot sturdier than we think x

HandforthParishCouncilClerk Mon 03-May-21 06:50:27

At 8 weeks and not landing on your stomach, I really wouldn’t worry!

Whoevenknows79 Mon 03-May-21 11:49:42

@TreeRoad I fell on my bum at 22 weeks and all is well. Try not to worry smile

Bluelightbaby Tue 04-May-21 18:51:44

The foetus is very well cushioned at that gestation. I fell off my horse at ten weeks with my first DD and then at 35weeks was repeatedly kicked in the stomach by a patient. These babies are hardier than we think

MissMaple82 Tue 04-May-21 21:51:39

I was kicked in my stomach when I was early pregnant and baby was absolutely fine

NamechangeTTC Wed 05-May-21 00:22:42

I fell at 24 weeks. Baby fine but I was checked due to reduced movement. I was less fine - broke my foot!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in